Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised? - GEOS ; Pat wrote: [snip] You usually just post drivel and crap and again you excell at your core competence. Get a life and while you are at it get some education too! -- C:\>...

  1. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    --
    C:\>

  2. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Dominique Vocat" wrote in message
    > Pat wrote:
    > [snip]
    >
    > You usually just post drivel and crap and again you excell at your core
    > competence.
    >
    > Get a life and while you are at it get some education too!
    > --
    > C:\>

    I am energized by your anxiety. Its always gratifying to get feedback when I
    wound a GN.

  3. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Pat" wrote in message
    | "Dominique Vocat" wrote in message
    | | Pat wrote:
    | | [snip]
    | |
    | | You usually just post drivel and crap and again you excell at your
    | | core competence.
    | |
    | | Get a life and while you are at it get some education too!
    | | --
    | | C:\>
    |
    | I am energized by your anxiety. Its always gratifying to get feedback
    | when I wound a GN.

    LOL! Are you kids still at this?

    Hey Pat - glad to see you're still trying to bring light unto the
    darkness.
    And it's good to see that Doug, Dominique, and the others are still
    fighting the good fight. And it's nice to see Bob offer up a comment or
    three, as well. Man, sometimes it's like wandering into "The Land That
    Time Forgot" around here .

    Heh - I'm not trolling, honest! I just thought I'd drop in to see how
    the GEOS world is doing in the age of 4gh Athlons and XP Media edition,
    broadband internet, Mozilla, and USB. I still use my old 486SX laptop
    with New Deal Office and the souped up Edit+ out on the shop floor -
    it's the only thing I have that consistently transfers RS232 data with
    my machinery.

    So, have been any updates in the last couple of years? Does Breadbox
    finally own GEOWorks now? And should I even ask about the 32 bit
    version?

    And Pat - stop eating all the rich food up in Cambridge - your
    cholesterol will go through the roof.

    Tom

  4. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Hey Pit,

    You could at least spell my name correctly.

    It's too bad GEOS is not out there, freeing people from their chains of
    bondage to PC builders and technicians and Microsoft.

    And I always pushed to have GEOS GNU licensed..

    And I just laugh at how everyone whines about desktop linux, and how
    hard it is to use, and that someday it will be the desktop windows killer.

    Most of these whiners have NO IDEA that GEOS software, which really is
    easier to install, use, and maintain than windows, even exists! Right
    now GEOS seems to be resting peacefully in the Breadbox Coffin.

    Had GEOS been GNU licensed 2-3 years ago, there might be a lot of
    Indians and Chinese programming for geos now, trying to overthrow
    microsoft. Instead these folks are busy adopting windows, or fiddling
    with linux, creating more chaos and full employment for computer
    maintenance techs, creating more electricity demand for energy gulping
    PCs, and more mountains of discarded, prematurely obsoleted but still
    functional 3 year old PCs.

    The computer industry thrives on planned obsolescence, and thanks to
    credit card debt, the masses happily go along with it.

    About 2 weeks ago, i the whirlpool at the gym, i overheard some folks
    complaining about how much $$$$$$$ they blew on PCs the last 20 years.
    Numbers like $20,000 were being mentioned. How many people spend
    $20,000 on TV sets, or refrigerators over 20 years?

    At Christmas, while visiting relatives in florida, my brother in law
    whined about how much money he spent on this and his other top of the
    line pcs which all devalued to ABSOLUTE ZERO (brrrr.. that is cold!)!! (
    $4500 for his gateway Pentium 100, given away at a yard sale, $3000+ for
    his sony viao laptop he gave away at the yard sale, $xxxx for his
    wife's hp PII omnibook with the bad hard drive which he gave to my
    sister, and $xxxx for the cracked screen dell inspiron PII which he gave
    me. ) Right now i am repairing that gift laptop wtih broken screen..
    once i find a good screen on ebay, my llaptop needs will be satisfied
    for many more years to come,at practically no cost.

    Unlike any computers, my used 20 year old 1984 $250 thrift store
    purchased VW Jetta diesel still runs, gets 50 MPG, and is worth a lot
    more than i paid for it.

    Pat wrote:

    > Mozilla for GEOS? Has a nice ring to it. Where are you Wayne? Hyusbo? Start
    > an email campaign at BBX to get it to happen. ROTFLMAO!

  5. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "hyubso" wrote in message
    | Hey Pit,
    |
    | You could at least spell my name correctly.
    |
    | It's too bad GEOS is not out there, freeing people from their chains
    | of bondage to PC builders and technicians and Microsoft.

    Oh man, do people still talk like this?

    C'mon, hy - it's just software. People use it because of the convenience
    factor.

    I started using Excel because so many of my customers sent me Excel
    spreadsheets. Eventually I started using VBA macros for my own sheets. I
    certainly don't feel trapped! Neither Lotus nor Quattro Pro offered the
    advanced features I wanted, and OpenOffice was just a dream. And I
    really loved Lotus, too.

    | Had GEOS been GNU licensed 2-3 years ago, there might be a lot of
    | Indians and Chinese programming for geos now, trying to overthrow
    | microsoft. Instead these folks are busy adopting windows, or
    | fiddling with linux, creating more chaos and full employment for
    | computer maintenance techs, creating more electricity demand for
    | energy gulping PCs, and more mountains of discarded, prematurely
    | obsoleted but still functional 3 year old PCs.

    I think you're living in an alternate universe. The asians could already
    have long since been developing Linuxware, but they haven't. They're
    pretty busy cracking Win programs, though. Whassup with that?

    | The computer industry thrives on planned obsolescence, and thanks to
    | credit card debt, the masses happily go along with it.

    Some of them do. But don't knock the drive for bigger, faster, more
    improved items. I just bought TurboCad 10, and I love it. Great feature
    set. But it could never have run on my Pentium 100, or even my AMD
    K6-500. I bought it because I can do more things with it than I could
    with TurboCad 4 (which was still 2D) or 6 or 8. IOW, some things become
    obsolete simply because they're replaced with better products.

    | Unlike any computers, my used 20 year old 1984 $250 thrift store
    | purchased VW Jetta diesel still runs, gets 50 MPG, and is worth a
    | lot more than i paid for it.

    And that's great that it's working for you. But you're only asking it to
    get you back and forth to work and to hold some groceries in the trunk.
    If you had a delivery service, though, or wanted to move furniture, then
    it wouldn't meet your needs. That's not obsolesence, that's evolution.

    Tom

  6. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Here in comp.os.geos.misc,
    "Tom Accuosti" spake unto us, saying:

    >Hey Pat - glad to see you're still trying to bring light unto the
    >darkness.

    Pat's emanations in this newsgroup are "light"...? :-)

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  7. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Richard Steiner" wrote in message
    | Here in comp.os.geos.misc,
    | "Tom Accuosti" spake unto us, saying:
    |
    | | Hey Pat - glad to see you're still trying to bring light unto the
    | | darkness.
    |
    | Pat's emanations in this newsgroup are "light"...? :-)

    Okay, maybe they're "lite"?

    And who started this thread, BTW? They mis-spelled "where".

    Tom

  8. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 03:46:31 UTC, "Tom Accuosti"
    wrote:

    > And who started this thread, BTW? They mis-spelled "where".

    Could be one of two people, both "plonked" years ago.
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

    **** remove leading g for email replies. ****

  9. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Poor Richard. You joined a group of loser GNs. Sad!

    "Richard Steiner" wrote in message
    > Here in comp.os.geos.misc,
    > "Tom Accuosti" spake unto us, saying:
    >
    > >Hey Pat - glad to see you're still trying to bring light unto the
    > >darkness.

    > Pat's emanations in this newsgroup are "light"...? :-)
    >
    > --
    > -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA

    USA
    > OS/2 + eCS + Linux + Win95 + DOS + PC/GEOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist

    Heaven!
    > WARNING: I've seen FIELDATA FORTRAN V and I know how to use it!
    > The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  10. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Tom Accuosti" wrote in message
    news:0EwTd.12102$hU7.705@newssvr33.news.prodigy.co m...

    > I've gone back and read some of the posts from the last couple of weeks.
    > GN? C'mon, Pat, that's a little cruel.

    Hey, its the only image that comes to mind. GEOS lemmings marching in
    cadence with their arms outstretched in allegiance to a dead DOS program,
    and pretending the opposite is true.

    > But I noticed the posting frequency is down. Hey, when you're not
    > developing anything new..

    Precisely! It was over many years ago, regards any future for GEOS.
    Depending on your definition, I suppose some of these lemmings will go to
    their graves thinking GEOS was actually scaleable in that it could as a real
    Operating System, rather than a DOS Operating Environment.

    However, the lack of posts is very telling of what has happened to the GEOS
    community.

  11. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Here in comp.os.geos.misc, "Pat"
    spake unto us, saying:

    >Poor Richard. You joined a group of loser GNs. Sad!

    I still watch this newsgroup, if that's what you mean.

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  12. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    > >Poor Richard. You joined a group of loser GNs. Sad!

    > I still watch this newsgroup, if that's what you mean.

    Das ist Gut

+ Reply to Thread