BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised? - GEOS

This is a discussion on BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised? - GEOS ; John & Frank, Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not just admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that whatever BBX released for GEOS is all there ever ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    John & Frank,

    Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not just
    admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that whatever
    BBX released for GEOS is all there ever will be?

  2. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Bob wrote:
    > John & Frank,
    >
    > Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not

    just
    > admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that

    whatever
    > BBX released for GEOS is all there ever will be?

    Hi Bob,

    long ago?

    Regards,

    Byron Collins
    List Moderator, Geos-Talk E-list
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geos-talk

  3. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Bob" wrote in message
    > John & Frank,
    >
    > Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not just
    > admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that

    whatever
    > BBX released for GEOS is all there ever will be?

    Some on Big Bob. A major updates? A 32 bit version? Get real. This newsgroup
    comes alive when someone crosses the GEOS Nazis!

  4. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Well I think they are more Jewish compared to you PAT, I'm...Back..

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:15 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > "Bob" wrote in message
    >> John & Frank,
    >>
    >> Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not just
    >> admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that

    > whatever
    >> BBX released for GEOS is all there ever will be?
    >>

    > Some on Big Bob. A major updates? A 32 bit version? Get real. This
    > newsgroup
    > comes alive when someone crosses the GEOS Nazis!

  5. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    I thought I taught you a lesson last time, want to go for another 300 post
    thread

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:15 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > "Bob" wrote in message
    >> John & Frank,
    >>
    >> Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not just
    >> admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that

    > whatever
    >> BBX released for GEOS is all there ever will be?
    >>

    > Some on Big Bob. A major updates? A 32 bit version? Get real. This
    > newsgroup
    > comes alive when someone crosses the GEOS Nazis!

  6. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Wayne,

    I am not Jewish. I'm a life long member in good standing at the First
    Congregational Church, here in my predominatinately Irish Catholic
    Neighborhood.

    ..

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsle1bhxpkhyzh5@w...
    > Well I think they are more Jewish compared to you PAT, I'm...Back..
    >

    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:15 GMT, Pat wrote:
    >
    > > "Bob" wrote in message
    > >> John & Frank,
    > >>
    > >> Well, were is the 32-bit GEOS you promised us loooong ago? Why not just
    > >> admit that there will never be one, and while your at it admit that

    > > whatever
    > >> BBX released for GEOS is all there ever will be?
    > >>

    > > Some on Big Bob. A major updates? A 32 bit version? Get real. This
    > > newsgroup
    > > comes alive when someone crosses the GEOS Nazis!
    > >

    > --

  7. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    What, no local anti-geos Nazi party branch .

    -----------------------
    Geos, Great + Ever, ohh, Small.
    X - P(in the bowl).

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:24:11 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > Wayne,
    >
    > I am not Jewish. I'm a life long member in good standing at the First
    > Congregational Church, here in my predominatinately Irish Catholic
    > Neighborhood.

  8. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsle946lkkhyzh5@w...
    > What, no local anti-geos Nazi party branch .

    GEOS Nazi Branch? We had one in Cambridge and later in Somerville, MA, but
    they fell out of favor, dried up, and blew away. Perhaps you'll find an
    active cell, in Europe, where the party enjoys freedom to grow.

  9. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    What, no local anti-geos Nazi party branch .

    -----------------------
    Geos, Great + Ever, ohh, Small.
    X - P(in the bowl).

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:24:11 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > Wayne,
    >
    > I am not Jewish. I'm a life long member in good standing at the First
    > Congregational Church, here in my predominatinately Irish Catholic
    > Neighborhood.

  10. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspslf0jbdbkhyzh5@localhost...
    > What, no local anti-geos Nazi party branch .

    Based on the lack of a 32-bit GEOS, what need is there for a anti GEOS Nazi
    movement? All that remains is a rag-tag troop of a few dozen GEOS Nazi
    insurgents.

  11. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Sorry Pat, I thought the subject was dead, but it amazes me that you still
    don't get that I was talking about your non Jewish Nasty party anti-Geos
    movement, well I supose that only a few of us have to have the talent and
    humour the other non Geos users

    zi Antimovement On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:08:58 GMT, Pat
    wrote:

    > "Wayne" wrote in message
    > newspslf0jbdbkhyzh5@localhost...
    >> What, no local anti-geos Nazi party branch .

    > Based on the lack of a 32-bit GEOS, what need is there for a anti GEOS
    > Nazi
    > movement? All that remains is a rag-tag troop of a few dozen GEOS Nazi
    > insurgents.

  12. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Why are you so fixated on Jews, in reference to Nazis, when their target was
    ANY PERSON OR GROUP who did not goose step to their manifesto. What do you
    think is meant by the reference GEOS NAZI? Lastly, what do you think I meant
    by the reference?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsliacmnqkhyzh5@w...
    > Sorry Pat, I thought the subject was dead, but it amazes me that you still
    > don't get that I was talking about your non Jewish Nasty party anti-Geos
    > movement, well I supose that only a few of us have to have the talent and
    > humour the other non Geos users
    >

    > zi Antimovement On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:08:58 GMT, Pat
    > wrote:
    >

    > > "Wayne" wrote in message
    > > newspslf0jbdbkhyzh5@localhost...
    > >> What, no local anti-geos Nazi party branch .

    > > Based on the lack of a 32-bit GEOS, what need is there for a anti GEOS
    > > Nazi
    > > movement? All that remains is a rag-tag troop of a few dozen GEOS Nazi
    > > insurgents.
    > >

    > --

  13. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:15 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > "Bob" wrote in message
    > ..This newsgroup comes alive when someone crosses the GEOS Nazis!

    My point was that you are more like a Nazi here (before taking SUPREME
    POWER) oppressing these poor people, like they did to the Jews. It is
    amazing you didn't see the link.

    By the way, the Nazis targets were particularly certain groups, the Jews
    the chief among them. There was a certain movement of blame onto
    scapegoats in Germany at that time, and even today to that effect. I have
    heard some amazing conspiracy theories, whacked out, and most popular in
    one particular European country. I'm sure many from that country here,
    find no pleasure in those theories.

  14. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsll7czwekhyzh5@w...
    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:11:15 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > My point was that you are more like a Nazi here (before taking SUPREME
    > POWER) oppressing these poor people, like they did to the Jews. It is
    > amazing you didn't see the link.

    That's a real hoot. One or two people DO NOT GOOSE STEP to this one-sided
    newsgroup and you consider them the Nazis. Obviously, you have the horse
    before the cart. LOL!

    > By the way, the Nazis targets were particularly certain groups, the Jews
    > the chief among them. There was a certain movement of blame onto
    > scapegoats in Germany at that time, and even today to that effect. I have
    > heard some amazing conspiracy theories, whacked out, and most popular in
    > one particular European country. I'm sure many from that country here,
    > find no pleasure in those theories.

    The Nazis targeted certain groups, who were in their midst, but they
    generally black listed all non believers.

    What scapegoats, specifically?

  15. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Yes, especially the one hounding people with his Goose step, trying to get
    the other "non believers" to do it, when it's not even a group on your
    goose step (horse now goes before the cart).

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 02:05:47 GMT, Pat wrote:
    > The Nazis targeted certain groups, who were in their midst, but they
    > generally black listed all non believers.
    >
    > What scapegoats, specifically?

    All non believers in The PAT's doctrine )) I! I join them, anybody else
    want to? Down with all "death to Geos" believers, all beleivers in "kill
    the goose who laid the golden egg, she's getting old" "who cares who's pet
    she still is" believers (you must appreciate that one, have a sense of
    humour).

    Well pat I don;t have time for this, so have a good week.

  16. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsln8scj9khyzh5@w...

    > Yes, especially the one hounding people with his Goose step, trying to get
    > the other "non believers" to do it, when it's not even a group on your
    > goose step (horse now goes before the cart).

    YES, I am a non believer in using GEOS on anything but older, legacy PCs
    which remains a good fit for hobbyists, eccentrics, and fanatics.
    Geeeez, can ONE cynical post, by me, give birth this diatribe? Yikes!!!
    Aren't you a wee bit thin skinned.

    > > What scapegoats, specifically?

    > All non believers in The PAT's doctrine )) I! I join them, anybody else
    > want to? Down with all "death to Geos" believers, all beleivers in "kill
    > the goose who laid the golden egg, she's getting old" "who cares who's pet
    > she still is" believers (you must appreciate that one, have a sense of
    > humour).

    Wayne, I think every person who ever used GEOS, myself included, laments its
    unfortunate outcome. What some of us poke fun at are those who pretend it
    has much of a future, yet its never going to be more than it is. The trickle
    of improvements and new apps is barely worth mentioning, even in a dedicated
    GEOS newsgroup. Hard core GEOS stalwarts must grit their teeth at
    suggestions of a 32-bit GEOS or a bug fix release. All that remains is for
    users to offer possible work around solutions, in lieu of actual code
    relief. IMHO, there will always be a handful of people in the world who will
    keep using GEOS no matter what. They will extol its virtues, exchange
    information, trade trivia, and bad mouth Microsoft, Gates, and all the
    perceived nemesis of GEOS.

    > Well pat I don;t have time for this, so have a good week.

    I will, half of the snow is finally going to melt during this week.

  17. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    Yawn. We had many such posts from you in the past, I've personally have
    had hundreds.

    > I will, half of the snow is finally going to melt during this week.

    And the 35 degree Celsius heat in my computer room has finally abated.

  18. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:30:25 +1000, Wayne
    wrote:

    >My point was that you are more like a Nazi here (before taking SUPREME
    >POWER) oppressing these poor people, like they did to the Jews. It is
    >amazing you didn't see the link.

    Guys, you really lost it.

    Has it ever occured to you that German history and the GEOS present
    are not comparable in any way? And that neither of them has any
    resemblance to a childish cowboy and indian game?

    Grow up, the both of you!

    Holger

  19. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspslvheotxkhyzh5@w...

    > Yawn. We had many such posts from you in the past, I've personally have
    > had hundreds.

    I really believe there should be an addition to the GEOS FAQ which addresses
    what GEOS can and can not do, compared to other control programs. The FAQ
    should start with the WARNING that GEOS is a dead end DOS program that has
    two chances for improvement, slim and none. Finally, there should be a
    strong alert, like labels on cigarette packs, to warn any erstwhile newbie
    who might erroneously be convinced otherwise by the hype being generated.

  20. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    All time the same. My part too. I wouldn't support M$, even theire product
    is better. No cent for them. They are bandits in my eyes, pressing more and
    more money out of the users. The real bad thing is how the business works
    today. Not important how much resources are detroyed and so on. But keep
    your meaning, I have my one.

    Andreas