BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised? - GEOS

This is a discussion on BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised? - GEOS ; I trhink you missed it, look at the record, and realise what has haoppened. The Nazi thing was put up, and I showed that in behavoural terms it was a bit hypocritical, and these "good onest Folk" should be left ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    I trhink you missed it, look at the record, and realise what has haoppened.

    The Nazi thing was put up, and I showed that in behavoural terms it was a
    bit hypocritical, and these "good onest Folk" should be left alone in
    peace to enjoy themselves (not persecuted). Besides, that debate has
    allready finished, why bring it up again? In matter of fact this thread
    is winding down. I've got a new rule for a new news system, after the
    first day ping pong posting could be auto restricted to seven for the next
    week, then 15 for the next month, then seven for the next month, then
    seven for the next 2 months, then seven for the next 4 months and so
    forth). Or if you want to get really drastic, simply take twice as long
    to reply to each reply as you did last time Another alternative would
    be to have: a min reply time (say one second) and the min time for a ping
    pong reply would be twice as long each time you post one (17 posts then
    you are ready to start waiting days to post, as they start doubling).

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:54:31 GMT, Holger Laux
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:30:25 +1000, Wayne
    > wrote:
    >

    >> My point was that you are more like a Nazi here (before taking SUPREME
    >> POWER) oppressing these poor people, like they did to the Jews. It is
    >> amazing you didn't see the link.

    > Guys, you really lost it.
    >
    > Has it ever occured to you that German history and the GEOS present
    > are not comparable in any way? And that neither of them has any
    > resemblance to a childish cowboy and indian game?
    >
    > Grow up, the both of you!
    >

    > Holger

  2. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    I apologize to all the GEOS Nazis out there. ROTFL!!!

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsl8ezmdkkhyzh5@w...
    > I trhink you missed it, look at the record, and realise what has

    haoppened.

    > The Nazi thing was put up, and I showed that in behavoural terms it was a
    > bit hypocritical, and these "good onest Folk" should be left alone in
    > peace to enjoy themselves (not persecuted). Besides, that debate has
    > allready finished, why bring it up again? In matter of fact this thread
    > is winding down. I've got a new rule for a new news system, after the
    > first day ping pong posting could be auto restricted to seven for the next
    > week, then 15 for the next month, then seven for the next month, then
    > seven for the next 2 months, then seven for the next 4 months and so
    > forth). Or if you want to get really drastic, simply take twice as long
    > to reply to each reply as you did last time Another alternative would
    > be to have: a min reply time (say one second) and the min time for a ping
    > pong reply would be twice as long each time you post one (17 posts then
    > you are ready to start waiting days to post, as they start doubling).
    >

    > On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:54:31 GMT, Holger Laux
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:30:25 +1000, Wayne
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >> My point was that you are more like a Nazi here (before taking SUPREME
    > >> POWER) oppressing these poor people, like they did to the Jews. It is
    > >> amazing you didn't see the link.

    > > Guys, you really lost it.
    > >
    > > Has it ever occured to you that German history and the GEOS present
    > > are not comparable in any way? And that neither of them has any
    > > resemblance to a childish cowboy and indian game?
    > >
    > > Grow up, the both of you!
    > >

    > > Holger

    > --

  3. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    As far as being "demented" goes here Pat, you are. Everytime I correct
    and show up your arguements as pathertic and deluded, you blindly misread
    them and think you are right. The problem here, is not Geos, Pat, it's
    you.

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:48:39 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > "Wayne" wrote in message
    > newspsl8d2nc4khyzh5@w...
    >> With so many small OS's being made that is obviously npot a probblem
    >> with many of their users as most of them are gauranteed to be dead
    >> ended within a ralatively short periode , so just leave them alone,
    >> let them have fun etc etc. This also means that MS needs to put the
    >> same label on each and every OS they publish, because eventually all
    >> but a few will be ended
    >> within decades, and eventually none.

    > The cycle of life, lives on in all software. If you narrow the jist of
    > your comment, GEOS is in that category. I have no problems with
    > acknowledging its dead ended, and I would leave it alone, however,
    > that's not what some people think around here. Is it, Wayne. There
    > are still demented people who
    > think its not dead ended. Regards MS putting a label on their OS, its not
    > necessary. Once MS shelves further development on an OS, they tell
    > everyone about the next version. This would be true of Windows 3.0, 3.1,
    > et al.
    > However, they are still doing bug fixes and enhancements to dead ended
    > OS, like Windows 98, for example. In areas of security and other minor
    > fixes,
    > like the millenium date change, as one example. Further deveolpment, NO.
    > Maintenance and enhancements, YES. Where can I get the latest hot bug
    > fixes for the various flavors of GEOS?

    What with so few Bugs, compared to Windows ;)

    Pat, Pat, MS and all it's OS's will likely eventually fall over dead, all
    the new ones will likely too, it is just a matter of making the best out
    of a situtaion while the situation exists, that is all I suggest, and all
    you don't. It's not really just what you don't do, it's what you do do.

  4. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    The only thing "demented" is those that believe GEOS is anything other then
    what GEOS is/was. It was and still is a real-mode, 16-bit, DOS-Based GUI. As
    such it is simply a relic of what that was when it was what it was. It will
    never be anything else. It is simply a mostly forgotten relic in PC history.

    To the tiny fraction of a % of PC users that for some unkown reason want to
    use low-end systems, or that that simply love the inherient limitations of
    DOS and DOS-Based GUI's, fine. Go to it. Just don't try and tell others that
    GEOS is/was the end all, be all. That type of "fuzzy" logic is just that.

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsmv1twxpkhyzh5@w...

    > As far as being "demented" goes here Pat, you are. Everytime I correct
    > and show up your arguements as pathertic and deluded, you blindly misread
    > them and think you are right. The problem here, is not Geos, Pat, it's
    > you.
    >

    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:48:39 GMT, Pat wrote:
    >

    >> "Wayne" wrote in message
    >> newspsl8d2nc4khyzh5@w...
    >>> With so many small OS's being made that is obviously npot a probblem
    >>> with many of their users as most of them are gauranteed to be dead
    >>> ended within a ralatively short periode , so just leave them alone,
    >>> let them have fun etc etc. This also means that MS needs to put the
    >>> same label on each and every OS they publish, because eventually all
    >>> but a few will be ended
    >>> within decades, and eventually none.

    >> The cycle of life, lives on in all software. If you narrow the jist of
    >> your comment, GEOS is in that category. I have no problems with
    >> acknowledging its dead ended, and I would leave it alone, however,
    >> that's not what some people think around here. Is it, Wayne. There
    >> are still demented people who
    >> think its not dead ended. Regards MS putting a label on their OS, its not
    >> necessary. Once MS shelves further development on an OS, they tell
    >> everyone about the next version. This would be true of Windows 3.0, 3.1,
    >> et al.
    >> However, they are still doing bug fixes and enhancements to dead ended
    >> OS, like Windows 98, for example. In areas of security and other minor
    >> fixes,
    >> like the millenium date change, as one example. Further deveolpment, NO.
    >> Maintenance and enhancements, YES. Where can I get the latest hot bug
    >> fixes for the various flavors of GEOS?

    > What with so few Bugs, compared to Windows ;)
    >
    > Pat, Pat, MS and all it's OS's will likely eventually fall over dead, all
    > the new ones will likely too, it is just a matter of making the best out
    > of a situtaion while the situation exists, that is all I suggest, and all
    > you don't. It's not really just what you don't do, it's what you do do.
    >
    > --

  5. Re: BBX, Were Is The 32-bit GEOS You Promised?

    "Wayne" wrote in message
    newspsmv1twxpkhyzh5@w...

    > As far as being "demented" goes here Pat, you are. Everytime I correct
    > and show up your arguements as pathertic and deluded, you blindly misread
    > them and think you are right. The problem here, is not Geos, Pat, it's
    > you.

    So you think I'm demented when I say that GEOS development long ago ended,
    and BBX has no funded program to improve, enhance, or fix the existing GEOS
    kernel and/or core applications?

    Even if they said they did, or made some innuendo that might be interpreted
    that did, I wouldn't believe them!

    Wayne, you're the one who is demented!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2