QEmu, DOSBox 0.63 and GEOS - GEOS

This is a discussion on QEmu, DOSBox 0.63 and GEOS - GEOS ; Hello all I'm back from my holidays in Mex and again trying a lot with GEOS. QEMU 0.61 Daily Build: There is a discution about SMB access for FreeDOS (and all others too). I wrote them to make a simple ...

  1. QEmu, DOSBox 0.63 and GEOS

    Hello all

    I'm back from my holidays in Mex and again trying a lot with GEOS.

    QEMU 0.61 Daily Build:
    There is a discution about SMB access for FreeDOS (and all others too).
    I wrote them to make a simple block device instead special support for SMB.
    This because the M$-Clients eats more or less all conventional memory. One
    reported to have tried things in this direction. Maybe, we will have one
    day support for access the host files.

    DOSBOX 0.63:
    GEOS now works in DOSBox without problems concerning the FILES setting.
    This has been fixes in DOSBox which before prevented GEOS from starting multiple
    applications.

    Unfortunatly, there is currently no way to have all features of GEOS usable
    under Windows with one way. But for myself, I'm keeping the investigation
    and observation of this projects on.

    Andreas

  2. Re: QEmu, DOSBox 0.63 and GEOS

    Andreas Bollhalder wrote:
    > Hello all
    >
    > I'm back from my holidays in Mex and again trying a lot with GEOS.

    hope you enjoyed it :-)

    > DOSBOX 0.63:
    > GEOS now works in DOSBox without problems concerning the FILES setting.
    > This has been fixes in DOSBox which before prevented GEOS from starting multiple
    > applications.

    um, what are the needed parameters? (i downloaded d-fend to simplify
    parametersetting etc :-) ) would like to investigate it :-).

    > Andreas

    Dom
    --
    C:\>

  3. Re: QEmu, DOSBox 0.63 and GEOS

    Hi Dominique

    > hope you enjoyed it :-)

    Yes! Sometime, there is a need to live hundrets year ago...

    > um, what are the needed parameters? (i downloaded d-fend to simplify
    > parametersetting etc :-) ) would like to investigate it :-).

    More ore less nothing. The same with ms4.geo and PrimaryFSD in the GEOS
    ini as under NT. You could diable special sound support in the dosbox.conf
    which GEOS doesn't use. I set the FrameSkip between 3 and 5. In DOSBox, mount
    the drive containg the GEOS installation and start GEOS. 256 color with 800x600
    is all one can get. But if only file access and sound is needed, it's maybe
    a solution for one. What I investigated, is if there would be a better setup
    of the speed parameters. Load the DOSIDLE to save host CPU power.

    Andreas

+ Reply to Thread