NewMail problem - GEOS

This is a discussion on NewMail problem - GEOS ; Hi all, My mam has been running NDO 2000 (420 beta) on her laptop for the past 4 years without many problems. It is just fine for writing a couple of e-mails and letters. Unfortunately, it looks like something got ...

  1. NewMail problem

    Hi all,

    My mam has been running NDO 2000 (420 beta) on her laptop for the
    past 4 years without many problems. It is just fine for writing a
    couple of e-mails and letters.

    Unfortunately, it looks like something got messed up recently. When
    she is trying to send an e-mail, NDO displays an error message "bad
    e-mail address".

    I seem to remember that I had this problem myself a long time ago and
    it turned out to be a misleading message. The cause was something
    different, but I cannot remember what it was.

    The problem is that we are living 1000 miles apart. Diagnosing and
    correcting a fault over the phone without seeing the screen is quite
    difficult. I am unable to reproduce the error here on my machine.

    Any advice?

    Many thanks,

    Holger

  2. Re: NewMail problem

    Use remote desktop.

    "Holger Laux" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My mam has been running NDO 2000 (420 beta) on her laptop for the
    > past 4 years without many problems. It is just fine for writing a
    > couple of e-mails and letters.
    >
    > Unfortunately, it looks like something got messed up recently. When
    > she is trying to send an e-mail, NDO displays an error message "bad
    > e-mail address".
    >
    > I seem to remember that I had this problem myself a long time ago and
    > it turned out to be a misleading message. The cause was something
    > different, but I cannot remember what it was.
    >
    > The problem is that we are living 1000 miles apart. Diagnosing and
    > correcting a fault over the phone without seeing the screen is quite
    > difficult. I am unable to reproduce the error here on my machine.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >

    > Many thanks,
    >

    > Holger

  3. Re: NewMail problem

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:51:48 GMT, "Bob" wrote:

    >Use remote desktop.

    Not on this laptop, mate.

    H.

+ Reply to Thread