BBE version - GEOS

This is a discussion on BBE version - GEOS ; Hi All I have a couple of questions before I pay money. My current Geos version is New Deal Office 2000 GreenPC 4.1.6. Or, like Geos.ini says, ver. 3.902. Allso i have installed patches from två katter. I have understood, ...

  1. BBE version

    Hi All

    I have a couple of questions before I pay money.
    My current Geos version is New Deal Office 2000 GreenPC 4.1.6.
    Or, like Geos.ini says, ver. 3.902. Allso i have installed patches
    from två katter.
    I have understood, that the latest version is Breadbox Ensemle 4.20.
    So I went to Breadbox site. They do not sell it, only links to
    resellers. Some of them do not know anything about BBE, or did not
    work att all. None of them have online shop or any information, only
    e-mail address to ask more. So I mailed to SUN2K to ask more. Their
    latest version is 4.01, 45 USD. So, is possible at all to buy newest
    version? Who, Where and How much? And is it wort the money, time and
    effort? Usable news reader? Less bugs?
    Second question, When surfing around i found DRDOS 8.0 with fat32
    support. What does this mean in real life? Worth of USD 25,00?
    System is DOS/GEOS/Win3,11.

    Thanks and regards
    Markku Lehikoinen

  2. Re: BBE version

    "Markku Lehikoinen" wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have a couple of questions before I pay money.
    > My current Geos version is New Deal Office 2000 GreenPC 4.1.6.
    > Or, like Geos.ini says, ver. 3.902. Allso i have installed patches
    > from två katter.
    > I have understood, that the latest version is Breadbox Ensemle 4.20.
    > So I went to Breadbox site. They do not sell it, only links to
    > resellers. Some of them do not know anything about BBE, or did not
    > work att all. None of them have online shop or any information, only
    > e-mail address to ask more. So I mailed to SUN2K to ask more. Their
    > latest version is 4.01, 45 USD.

    When Sun emailed me within the last month, the price was $80.

    >So, is possible at all to buy newest
    > version? Who, Where and How much?

    You can buy it from Sun.

    >And is it wort the money,

    That's a personal choice. It isn't worth it to me even if it was free.

    >time and
    > effort? Usable news reader? Less bugs?

    Doubtful ther is any difference.

    > Second question, When surfing around i found DRDOS 8.0 with fat32
    > support. What does this mean in real life? Worth of USD 25,00?
    > System is DOS/GEOS/Win3,11.
    >
    > Thanks and regards
    > Markku Lehikoinen

  3. Re: BBE version

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:23:53 GMT, "Bob" wrote:

    >You can buy it from Sun.

    Question was about version. They have 4.01, not 4.20. Want to know if
    there is any difference.

    >That's a personal choice. It isn't worth it to me even if it was free.

    Yes, everybody who has read Your posts knows that. Anyway, I do all
    my real computer work and most of joy/fun with geos.

    >Doubtful ther is any difference.

    I have got that impression, too.

    Thanks and regards
    Markku Lehikoinen

  4. Re: BBE version

    Markku Lehikoinen wrote:
    > Hi All

    Terve Markku,

    > Second question, When surfing around i found DRDOS 8.0 with fat32
    > support. What does this mean in real life? Worth of USD 25,00?
    > System is DOS/GEOS/Win3,11.

    There is some guy coding away on the version of DR-dOS that was once
    released as opensource and it supports fat32 as well as all the
    othernifty stuff. The site was down last I checked but see
    http://www.drdosprojects.de/ for downloads etc... Please let us know if
    you like it etc.
    Else there is the thing Hans (with some help of others) is working of:
    FreeDOS for use with GEOS. Hans has made great progress in having the
    emm386 fixed so it works with GEOS etc. quite nice! If you want to
    customize the DPOS some more you can alsways do stuff I do like
    launching "blacklout" at the beginning of config.sys resukting in a
    splashscreen hiding the dos chatter etc etc... lot's of fun :-)

    > Thanks and regards
    > Markku Lehikoinen

    Hope this helps
    Dominique
    --
    C:\>

  5. Re: BBE version

    AFIAK, BBE 4.2 is basically NDO 2000, with all the Tva Katter patches added
    and the buggier NDO bits removed like the PDF reader...

    Markku Lehikoinen wrote in message
    <41a797ed.189930@uutiset.saunalahti.fi>...
    >Hi All
    >
    >I have a couple of questions before I pay money.
    >My current Geos version is New Deal Office 2000 GreenPC 4.1.6.
    >Or, like Geos.ini says, ver. 3.902. Allso i have installed patches
    >from två katter.
    > I have understood, that the latest version is Breadbox Ensemle 4.20.

    (snip) is it wort the money, time and
    >effort? Usable news reader? Less bugs?

  6. Re: BBE version

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:18:42 +0100, Dominique Vocat
    wrote:

    >http://www.drdosprojects.de/ for downloads etc... Please let us know if
    >you like it etc.

    Ah, the site was down.

    >Else there is the thing Hans (with some help of others) is working of:
    >FreeDOS for use with GEOS.

    I have tested it. No fat 32 support. Some compatibility problems with
    EMM. Nice work, but not yet worth of change. DRDOS and PTSDOS are
    still my choices.

    >Hope this helps

    Not really, thanks anyway.

    >Dominique

    Markku Lehikoinen

  7. Re: BBE version

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:38:17 -0700, "Dan Ferguson"
    wrote:

    >AFIAK, BBE 4.2 is basically NDO 2000, with all the Tva Katter patches added
    >and the buggier NDO bits removed like the PDF reader...

    OK, thanks. Anyway, I am going to make remarkable increase to GEOs
    sales and try this BBE. Dollars are so cheaps in these days. Only
    handful of euro coins.

    Markku Lehikoinen

+ Reply to Thread