Problem with newsreader in BBE 4.01 - GEOS

This is a discussion on Problem with newsreader in BBE 4.01 - GEOS ; Hi I have a strange problem. I have changed IPS, and now I cannot send news. I can log in to 3 different news servers and download groups and read the news, but I cannot send (Post request refused). It's ...

  1. Problem with newsreader in BBE 4.01

    Hi

    I have a strange problem. I have changed IPS, and now I cannot send
    news. I can log in to 3 different news servers and download groups and
    read the news, but I cannot send (Post request refused). It's a dialup
    connection (ISDN).

    If I use another IPS (more expensive, so I don't want to use it too
    much) there is no problems. I can recieve and send news (from all news
    servers). Anyone have an idea about what's going on?

    Thomas

  2. Re: Problem with newsreader in BBE 4.01

    Thomas L. Christensen wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a strange problem. I have changed IPS, and now I cannot send
    > news. I can log in to 3 different news servers and download groups and
    > read the news, but I cannot send (Post request refused). It's a dialup
    > connection (ISDN).
    >
    > If I use another IPS (more expensive, so I don't want to use it too
    > much) there is no problems. I can recieve and send news (from all news
    > servers). Anyone have an idea about what's going on?
    >
    > Thomas

    Hi!

    This is most likely only due to your ISP:
    E.g. when I'm in the internet using a T-Online dial-up, I can read the
    news on the newsserver in the Technical University of Berlin (TUB),
    but I can't write anything there. But I do have full access to the
    newsserver at T-Online.
    When I'm using a dial-up via the TUB, I do have full access to the
    TUB's newsserver, but only read access to the T-Online-newsserver...

    I guess that your problem is similar - most likely your more expensive
    ISP has signed a cooperation contract with the newsserver-providers
    and hence doesn't get blocked.
    Or your cheaper ISP is on a "black-list" due to some spammers :-(

    Jörg

+ Reply to Thread