Epson Stylus C84 - GEOS

This is a discussion on Epson Stylus C84 - GEOS ; I have had to replace my HP 940c which was excellent. Apparently HP no longer makes printers with parallel port connections. So I bought an Epson Stylus C84. It works fine under win 98 SE. But I can't get it ...

  1. Epson Stylus C84

    I have had to replace my HP 940c which was excellent. Apparently HP no longer
    makes printers with parallel port connections. So I bought an Epson Stylus C84.
    It works fine under win 98 SE. But I can't get it to work from Newdeal 3.2a.

    I tried every Epson Stylus color driver in the list. Is there a way to get it
    to work.

    If not what printers currently available are recommended?

    Thanks for any help.

    Dick

  2. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    Epson Stylus C84 is a Windows and Mac only printer. Maybe it is possible
    to use NDO with this printer if NDO is running on a Windows computer
    from Windows 95 and up. Hopefully one of the Epson drivers will work in
    NDO, I would try to use "ESC/P2 (4 color)" and set the LPT-port to the
    corresponding one in Windows. Maybe print to file can be one
    alternative, even if that is not that awesome.

    BR,
    Hans

    On 2004-11-10 05:25, RCantrell wrote:

    >I have had to replace my HP 940c which was excellent. Apparently HP no longer
    >makes printers with parallel port connections. So I bought an Epson Stylus C84.
    >It works fine under win 98 SE. But I can't get it to work from Newdeal 3.2a.
    >
    >I tried every Epson Stylus color driver in the list. Is there a way to get it
    >to work.
    >
    >If not what printers currently available are recommended?
    >
    >Thanks for any help.
    >
    >Dick

  3. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    I did a search on the web and came up with this link. It is increasingly
    more difficult to find dos printers unfortunately.

    HTTP://www.classicresystems.com/dos_...e__printer.htm

    RCantrell wrote:

    > I have had to replace my HP 940c which was excellent. Apparently HP no

    longer
    > makes printers with parallel port connections. So I bought an Epson Stylus

    C84.
    > It works fine under win 98 SE. But I can't get it to work from Newdeal

    3.2a.

    > I tried every Epson Stylus color driver in the list. Is there a way to

    get it
    > to work.
    >
    > If not what printers currently available are recommended?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Dick

  4. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    >Subject: Re: Epson Stylus C84
    >From: Joseph Durham joseph8534@netexpress.net
    >Date: 11/11/2004 1:40 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >I did a search on the web and came up with this link. It is increasingly
    >more difficult to find dos printers unfortunately....

    There are still lots(!) of the older ones available on eBay...

    Ray

  5. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    I have already ordered an HP Deskjet 6122 which has a parallel port connection.
    Jorg Pzolfuss made the suggestion. Then I will return the C84 with a 15%
    restocking fee, However, I am also going to try the ESC/P2 driver.

    Thanks for all the suggestions.

    Dick

    In article , Hans Lindgren
    writes:

    >Epson Stylus C84 is a Windows and Mac only printer. Maybe it is possible
    >to use NDO with this printer if NDO is running on a Windows computer
    >from Windows 95 and up. Hopefully one of the Epson drivers will work in
    >NDO, I would try to use "ESC/P2 (4 color)" and set the LPT-port to the
    >corresponding one in Windows. Maybe print to file can be one
    >alternative, even if that is not that awesome.
    >
    >BR,
    >Hans

  6. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    In article , Hans Lindgren
    writes:

    >Epson Stylus C84 is a Windows and Mac only printer. Maybe it is possible
    >to use NDO with this printer if NDO is running on a Windows computer
    >from Windows 95 and up. Hopefully one of the Epson drivers will work in
    >NDO, I would try to use "ESC/P2 (4 color)" and set the LPT-port to the
    >corresponding one in Windows. Maybe print to file can be one
    >alternative, even if that is not that awesome.

    The ESC/P2 [4 color] driver did not work.

    In general ghostscript works well with the C84. However, one NewDraw file did
    not print weel, because some items which had been relocated in the graphic
    printed in both the the former and later positions.

    Dick

  7. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    > There are still lots(!) of the older ones available on eBay...

    I can find lots of HP lasers for B/W printing. It is DOS Color that I
    have a hard time finding in the used shops. I bet I could buy 100
    lasers today under $100. The lasers just don't wear out and even if
    they do, you can buy a new drum.

    Next time I find a complete 500c I think I will pick it up.

    Mike

  8. Re: Epson Stylus C84

    don't forget our local thrift stores.. they are drowning in used ink jet
    printers...

    Ray Kopczynski wrote:
    >>Subject: Re: Epson Stylus C84
    >>From: Joseph Durham joseph8534@netexpress.net
    >>Date: 11/11/2004 1:40 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>I did a search on the web and came up with this link. It is increasingly
    >>more difficult to find dos printers unfortunately....

    > There are still lots(!) of the older ones available on eBay...
    >
    > Ray

+ Reply to Thread