No news? - GEOS

This is a discussion on No news? - GEOS ; What IS Breadbox working on? It must be big, since we haven't heard from them so long time. But I don't understand their priorities - there have been no news since Patch One, september 2002. Two years - and not ...

  1. No news?

    What IS Breadbox working on? It must be big, since we haven't heard
    from them so long time.

    But I don't understand their priorities - there have been no news
    since Patch One, september 2002. Two years - and not even a little
    bugfix or anything (and there are several known AND easy-to-fix bugs).
    Why so low profile? Do they want us to give up and forget GEOS?

    Thomas

  2. Re: No news?

    + wrote:
    > well at least your a realist. fancy way of saying give up the ghost. "it" is
    > as dead now as it has been for years.

    "e pure si muove!"
    - Gallileo Gallilei

    there may be little movement it still moves but not like a bull turned
    loose :-) but rather in goosestep.

    Dom

    ps: bob, how's life?
    --
    C:\>

  3. Re: No news?

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:21:55 +0200, Dominique Vocat
    wrote:

    >Thomas L. Christensen wrote:
    >> What IS Breadbox working on? It must be big, since we haven't heard
    >> from them so long time.
    >>
    >> But I don't understand their priorities - there have been no news
    >> since Patch One, september 2002. Two years - and not even a little
    >> bugfix or anything (and there are several known AND easy-to-fix bugs).
    >> Why so low profile? Do they want us to give up and forget GEOS?
    >>
    >> Thomas

    >Well, even if Breadbox hired every programmer under the sun that knows
    >GOC and preferrbly assembler thes would still face a monumental task in
    >reaching their goals as I see them. I may be wrong but I think they see
    >the need for a 32bit geos to do any further advancement.

    I also think a 32 bit geos is needed to fix many of the problems in
    geos, and specially the future demands we may have (multimedia etc).

    But if BB used one half percent of the time making servicepacks to fix
    small anoying bugs, and developing new printerdrivers (or something),
    then it wouldn't delay the release of geos32 much, and a lot of
    existing users would feel they are taking care of.

    I'm not talking about new major apps or something like that - just
    some simple things to let us know they are still there.

    >ps: though maybe you'll like what I hope to show at the next german
    >meeting :-).

    I'm sure I will!

    Thomas

  4. Re: No news?

    "Dominique Vocat" wrote in message
    >+ wrote:
    >> well at least your a realist. fancy way of saying give up the ghost. "it"
    >> is as dead now as it has been for years.

    > "e pure si muove!"
    > - Gallileo Gallilei
    >
    > there may be little movement it still moves but not like a bull turned
    > loose :-) but rather in goosestep.
    >
    > Dom
    >
    > ps: bob, how's life?
    > --
    > C:\>

    Hi Dom,

    Life is just GREAT for this realist...thanks. Hope all is well with yours as
    well and also and such and then some.

+ Reply to Thread