Open my old files - GEOS

This is a discussion on Open my old files - GEOS ; Hello, I would like to knows if a soft can be convert my old .000 files under windows, because GEOS 2.0 doesn't work anymore under my xp system....

  1. Open my old files

    Hello,

    I would like to knows if a soft can be convert my old .000 files under
    windows, because GEOS 2.0 doesn't work anymore under my xp system.

  2. Re: Open my old files

    boa@weboa.org (Bolender Olivier A.) wrote in message news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to knows if a soft can be convert my old .000 files under
    > windows, because GEOS 2.0 doesn't work anymore under my xp system.

    Hi!

    There's a short summary about getting Geos working under XP:
    ftp://ftp.breadbox.com/public/geosinXP.txt
    I don't know if it'll work with your version, but it should work with BBE Lite:
    ftp://ftp.breadbox.com/public/Ensemb...te/enslite.zip
    (BBE Lite is very limited, but the "Writer" should read your "GeoWrite"-Files.)

    Jörg

  3. Re: Open my old files

    "Bolender Olivier A." schrieb:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to knows if a soft can be convert my old .000 files under
    > windows, because GEOS 2.0 doesn't work anymore under my xp system.

    Besides making it run under XP (see the reply from Joerg polzfuss) you
    can try the program 'Wordport'. It can convert geoWrite files to any
    popular word processor format.
    It does not, however, handle files where the graphic layer is used. I
    guess they have implemented the GeoWrite 1.2 format and never updated to
    the 2.x data format.

    Grossibaer

  4. Open my old files

    * Reply auf eine Mail in COMP.OS.GEOS.MISC (GEOS O/S by Geoworks in general.)

    05 Aug 04 18:19:28, Jens-Michael Gross schrieb an Bolender Olivier A.:

    Hallo Jens-Michael,

    >> I would like to knows if a soft can be convert my old .000 files under
    >> windows, because GEOS 2.0 doesn't work anymore under my xp system.

    JG> Besides making it run under XP (see the reply from Joerg polzfuss) you
    JG> can try the program 'Wordport'. It can convert geoWrite files to any
    JG> popular word processor format.

    Where can I get this programme?
    Wo kann ich das Programm bekommen?
    Shareware?

    cu, Fred

    Reply an fred(at)koerper-hannover.de
    E-Mails bers Gate werden gel”scht

  5. Re: Open my old files

    Hi Fred!

    > JG> Besides making it run under XP (see the reply from Joerg polzfuss) you
    > JG> can try the program 'Wordport'. It can convert geoWrite files to any
    > JG> popular word processor format.
    >
    > Where can I get this programme?
    > Wo kann ich das Programm bekommen?
    > Shareware?

    WordPort by Ascii: / WordPort von Ascii:

    http://www.acii.com/wpt.htm

    SingleUser/Einzellizenz: US-$149

    There's a "try before you buy"-version, too, "of course" with some
    limitations... Link's on Ascii's page. / Es gibt auch eine
    "Vor-Dem-Kauf-Testversion", "natürlich" mit einigen Einschränkungen... Link
    ist auf der Seite von Ascii zu finden.

    BR/MfG
    Jörg

+ Reply to Thread