Any suggestion of suitable NIC for GEOS/Breadbox Ensemble? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Any suggestion of suitable NIC for GEOS/Breadbox Ensemble? - GEOS ; Hi, Does anybody out there have suggestions regarding a suitable NIC for GEOS? Preferably a PCI one, with a less memory intensive ODI driver? My current NIC Cnet200Pro wants 34k, which is a bit big to be loaded high. BR, ...

  1. Any suggestion of suitable NIC for GEOS/Breadbox Ensemble?

    Hi,
    Does anybody out there have suggestions regarding a suitable NIC for GEOS?
    Preferably a PCI one, with a less memory intensive ODI driver?
    My current NIC Cnet200Pro wants 34k, which is a bit big to be loaded high.

    BR,
    Hans

  2. Re: Any suggestion of suitable NIC for GEOS/Breadbox Ensemble?

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 22:09:22 GMT, Hans Lindgren
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Does anybody out there have suggestions regarding a suitable NIC for GEOS?
    >Preferably a PCI one, with a less memory intensive ODI driver?
    >My current NIC Cnet200Pro wants 34k, which is a bit big to be loaded high.

    Try one of these Web sites for networking software:

    http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/samba/dos.html
    http://www.dossolutions.pwp.blueyond...uk/network.htm

    I am using an NE1000 and two NE2000 (actually: emulated by
    EtherPerfect Surecoms) to link 3 PCs. The software is a peer-to-peer
    DOS program called NEOS. Works like a dream! (but also takes about
    35kb memory)

    Download it here:

    http://www.dunfield.com/downloads.htm

    Holger

  3. Re: Any suggestion of suitable NIC for GEOS/Breadbox Ensemble?

    Holger Laux wrote:

    > I am using an NE1000 and two NE2000 (actually: emulated by
    > EtherPerfect Surecoms) to link 3 PCs. The software is a peer-to-peer
    > DOS program called NEOS. Works like a dream! (but also takes about
    > 35kb memory)
    >
    > Download it here:
    >
    > http://www.dunfield.com/downloads.htm
    >
    > Holger