Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400 - GEOS

This is a discussion on Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400 - GEOS ; In article , davidanderson@columbia.edu wrote: > Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday > evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have included > here. As yet, this information has not ...

  1. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    In article ,
    davidanderson@columbia.edu wrote:

    > Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
    > evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have included
    > here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting
    > confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early
    > photos over the internet..
    > http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
    > wgsmjjbthvytzu

    Yada yada yada...yet another trojan to steal peoples bank account
    details.

    If you down load this file be prepared to loose all of your money and
    have all you accounts hijacked by some tosser who is afraid of honest
    work.

  2. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    I just saw his post too,,, it prompted me to run over to CNN.COM and check
    :-) I wasn't dumb enough to download his 'pictures' though... Will L G
    "whoisthis" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > davidanderson@columbia.edu wrote:
    >
    > > Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
    > > evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have

    included
    > > here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush

    wanting
    > > confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some

    early
    > > photos over the internet..
    > > http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
    > > wgsmjjbthvytzu
    > >

    > Yada yada yada...yet another trojan to steal peoples bank account
    > details.
    >
    > If you down load this file be prepared to loose all of your money and
    > have all you accounts hijacked by some tosser who is afraid of honest
    > work.

  3. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    In article <8HTLc.666$ju6.136@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>,
    " DiskMan" wrote:

    > I just saw his post too,,, it prompted me to run over to CNN.COM and check
    > :-) I wasn't dumb enough to download his 'pictures' though... Will L G

    Where as I simply added the domain to my firewall and stopped anyone
    from going there.

  4. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    whoisthis did eloquently scribble:
    > In article ,
    > davidanderson@columbia.edu wrote:
    >
    >> Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
    >> evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have included
    >> here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting
    >> confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early
    >> photos over the internet..
    >> http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
    >> wgsmjjbthvytzu
    >>

    > Yada yada yada...yet another trojan to steal peoples bank account
    > details.
    >
    > If you down load this file be prepared to loose all of your money and
    > have all you accounts hijacked by some tosser who is afraid of honest
    > work.

    Yeah, like that'd happen just by downloading a picture...
    oh... lemme guess... windows and IE... people still USE that pile o'****?

  5. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:

    >whoisthis did eloquently scribble:
    >

    >>In article ,
    >>davidanderson@columbia.edu wrote:
    >>

    >>>Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
    >>>evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have included
    >>>here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting
    >>>confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early
    >>>photos over the internet..
    >>>http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
    >>>wgsmjjbthvytzu
    >>>

    >>Yada yada yada...yet another trojan to steal peoples bank account
    >>details.
    >>
    >>If you down load this file be prepared to loose all of your money and
    >>have all you accounts hijacked by some tosser who is afraid of honest
    >>work.
    >>

    >Yeah, like that'd happen just by downloading a picture...
    >oh... lemme guess... windows and IE... people still USE that pile o'****?

    81% of the hits to my web server come from IE. 96% of those at IE 6, 4%
    is IE 5. 68% of clients that hit my server run Windows/XP. 1.2% of my
    hits come from Linux machines - and I have several linux-oriented pages.

    Most of the people I talk to have no understanding of why I hate windows
    so. So I ask them how many other operating systems they are familiar
    with, and invariably they tell me, "none". So then I ask them what if
    there was an operating system that was free, was faster, will work on
    older machines quite nicely, is more reliable, more secure, will do just
    about everything Windows will do, includes more goodies, has support as
    good as Microsoft's.... they just kinda stare at me. I feel very, very
    lonely sometimes.

    Jeff

  6. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    On 23 Jul 2004 23:04:18 GMT
    "@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com"
    <""jeff\"@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com"> wrote:

    > ..what if there was an operating system that was free, was faster,
    > will work on older machines quite nicely, is more reliable, more
    > secure, will do just about everything Windows will do, includes more
    > goodies, has support as good as Microsoft's.... they just kinda stare
    > at me. I feel very, very lonely sometimes.

    I know what you mean. Not long ago, my cable provider did a stupid
    thing that knocked my node off. When I called, the gal asked what kind
    of system I had, and I told her Linux. She replied; "Oh we don't allow
    that. We have a strict policy against viruses!" At that, I just hung
    up and waited til the next day.

    Hal

  7. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    Hehehe, that was pretty good... I would mind running surfing the net while
    running Linux but there's one little problem... There are NO recent releases
    of Mozilla for alphalinux and just about all the mozilla 'clones' out there
    require Mozilla lib files and what not... they're little more than Mozilla
    browser skins.. Will L G

    <""jeff\"@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com"> wrote in message
    > spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > >whoisthis did eloquently scribble:

    included

    wanting

    early

    > >>Yada yada yada...yet another trojan to steal peoples bank account
    > >>details.
    > >>
    > >>If you down load this file be prepared to loose all of your money and
    > >>have all you accounts hijacked by some tosser who is afraid of honest
    > >>work.
    > >>

    > >Yeah, like that'd happen just by downloading a picture...
    > >oh... lemme guess... windows and IE... people still USE that pile o'****?
    > >

    > 81% of the hits to my web server come from IE. 96% of those at IE 6, 4%
    > is IE 5. 68% of clients that hit my server run Windows/XP. 1.2% of my
    > hits come from Linux machines - and I have several linux-oriented pages.
    >
    > Most of the people I talk to have no understanding of why I hate windows
    > so. So I ask them how many other operating systems they are familiar
    > with, and invariably they tell me, "none". So then I ask them what if
    > there was an operating system that was free, was faster, will work on
    > older machines quite nicely, is more reliable, more secure, will do just
    > about everything Windows will do, includes more goodies, has support as
    > good as Microsoft's.... they just kinda stare at me. I feel very, very
    > lonely sometimes.
    >

    > Jeff

  8. Re: Osama Found Hanged 2400

    Harold Bower wrote:
    > On 23 Jul 2004 23:04:18 GMT
    > "@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com"
    > <""jeff\"@STOPSPAMNOW.commercialventvac .com"> wrote:

    >> ..what if there was an operating system that was free, was faster,
    >> will work on older machines quite nicely, is more reliable, more
    >> secure, will do just about everything Windows will do, includes more
    >> goodies, has support as good as Microsoft's.... they just kinda stare
    >> at me. I feel very, very lonely sometimes.

    > I know what you mean. Not long ago, my cable provider did a stupid
    > thing that knocked my node off. When I called, the gal asked what kind
    > of system I had, and I told her Linux. She replied; "Oh we don't allow
    > that. We have a strict policy against viruses!" At that, I just hung
    > up and waited til the next day.

    Tsk, you should've kept the conversation going, it a mildly mocking manner
    while at the same time kindly informing her that the only efficient way to
    distribute viruses was using any windows OS as a deployment mechanism.

    You could've had some fun with that one if she kept arguing.

    > Hal

+ Reply to Thread