Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately? - GEOS

This is a discussion on Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately? - GEOS ; I want to buy a color ink jet printer, and REALLY WANT to also use it with GeoWorks Ensemble, etc. I would like it to also work with Win98 and 3.1, and DOS if possible. I would prefer that it ...

  1. Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately?

    I want to buy a color ink jet printer, and REALLY WANT to also use it
    with GeoWorks Ensemble, etc.
    I would like it to also work with Win98 and 3.1, and DOS if possible.
    I would prefer that it be able to emulate the IBM Proprinter so that
    the printscrn command works.

    I guess it should be Centronics for a connector.

    Does such a thing exist anymore?

    And where are they cheap this week?

    I would like to be able to load it with waterproof ink in case of
    house fire, etc.

    I bet there are others here who would like to buy a similar one.

    (please don't turn this thread into a Bob likes XP thing)

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately?

    Hi!

    You should check this list:
    http://www.beaverlog.com/therapist/d...patibility.htm

    The printers listed under "DOS Compatible Printers" contain some
    models under Canon BJC, Epson Stylus and HP Deskjet that should work
    with the Geos-drivers.

    Hope this helps,
    Jörg

  3. Re: Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately?

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:08:45 -0500, clemslay@iname.com wrote:

    >I want to buy a color ink jet printer, and REALLY WANT to also use it
    >with GeoWorks Ensemble, etc.
    >I would like it to also work with Win98 and 3.1, and DOS if possible.
    >I would prefer that it be able to emulate the IBM Proprinter so that
    >the printscrn command works.

    I have used a HP Deskjet 895Cxi with GEOS. It's a good printer, but
    not cheap, I am afraid.

    --
    Thomas L. Christensen

  4. Re: Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately?

    I use an HP 5550 on the parallel port. It works well and is a nice
    printer. I have had good luck with the HP deskjet series printers and
    ensemble.

    bob

  5. Re: Best GeoWorks printer to buy lately?

    On 14 Jan 2005 11:06:45 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

    >I use an HP 5550 on the parallel port. It works well and is a nice
    >printer. I have had good luck with the HP deskjet series printers and
    >ensemble.
    >
    >bob

    (I started this thread months ago)
    Thanks, Bob.

    I ended up buying a couple used HP 895cxi on
    Ebay. I added an updated HP550C driver, and it
    SEEMS to work okay so far.
    I intended on posting later after knowing more for sure.
    I am using the IEEE Centronics cable, BTW.

+ Reply to Thread