PC/GEOS OS FAQ, Geos Software Information (part 2/6) - GEOS

This is a discussion on PC/GEOS OS FAQ, Geos Software Information (part 2/6) - GEOS ; Archive-name: pcgeos-faq/part2 Posting-Frequency: monthly Last-modified: January 1, 2003 URL: http://www.geocities.com/originalrav...pcgeosfaq2.txt The most recent version of this file can be found at any news.answers archive site. One such site is rtfm.mit.edu, in the /pub/usenet/comp.os.geos.misc subdirectory. The most recent version of the ...

  1. PC/GEOS OS FAQ, Geos Software Information (part 2/6)

    Archive-name: pcgeos-faq/part2
    Posting-Frequency: monthly
    Last-modified: January 1, 2003

    The most recent version of this file can be found at any news.answers
    archive site. One such site is rtfm.mit.edu, in the
    /pub/usenet/comp.os.geos.misc subdirectory. The most recent version of the
    FAQ is also available from my home page at
    http://www.geocities.com/originalravinray/geos/faq/ in both HTML and ASCII
    format.

    DISCLAIMER

    I make no claims about the accuracy of this information. Use it at your own
    risk. This file is compiled from various sources, including but not limited
    to USENET, the Web, commercial networks, and electronic mail. The FAQ is
    mostly targeted towards desktop Geos users, both Ensemble and NewDeal
    Office. However, there are still many sections devoted to other topics and
    Geos platforms.

    This information may be freely distributed, in whole or in part, in any
    form, provided that any distributor:

    * Tells me, so that I can inform you of updates to the FAQ and tell the
    USENET community (I will keep the information confidential, if you
    desire)
    * Makes every reasonable effort to keep this information current
    * Releases myself and the rest of USENET from any liability.

    If this file leaves the confines of USENET for any BBS's, web pages, user
    groups, commercial networks, or other networks (FidoNet, GeoHolics Net,
    etc.) or vendors, please let me know so that I can pass along the
    information to others.

    Please send submissions, comments, suggestions, or corrections to
    rayancog@pacific.net.ph.

    CREDITS

    I'd like to give the following folks my thanks:

    * Steve Main (ndmain@aol.com) former Director of Technical Services,
    NewDeal.
    * John Howard (johnh@breadbox.com) of Breadbox Computers, for giving me
    up-to-date info.
    * Stephen Haffly (hafflys@earthlink.net) for reposting this FAQ to
    FidoNet.
    * Lynn Montelauro (GSMLynn@aol.com) for making this FAQ a part of GSMN.
    * Rose Walton PC Coaches (rwcoaching@aol.com,
    http://users.aol.com/rwcoaching/) for distributing copies of this FAQ
    to its customers.
    * Werni Grieder (BaselBasel@aol.com,
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/WerniGrieder) for being a
    Geos deity.
    * Doug Taylor (doug-taylor+@osu.edu) for a lot of the PDA information.
    * All the people who have written great Geos software.
    * All the people who mail me information and follow comp.os.geos.misc.
    * And of course, James Bearden, the original author of this FAQ.

    UPDATES

    Since the previous update (February 10, 2002), the following sections have
    been updated:

    * Credits (John Howard's e-mail address)
    * Section 2.1.1, What desktop products are available for Geos?
    * Section 2.2.1, What development products are available for Geos?
    * Section 2.2.2 How can I order development products?
    * Section 2.2.3 What is IZL?
    * Section 2.2.4 What is Geos programming like?
    * Section 2.2.5 Are there any visual development tools for Geos?
    * Section 2.3.1 What shareware available for Geos?
    * Section 2.3.2 Are there any anonymous FTP sites for Geos
    software?
    * Section 2.4.1 Are there any communications programs available for
    Geos?

    * 2 Geos Software Information
    o 2.1 Desktop Software Products
    + 2.1.1 What desktop products are available for Geos?
    o 2.2 Geos Development Products
    + 2.2.1 What development products are available for Geos?
    + 2.2.2 How can I order development products?
    + 2.2.3 What is IZL?
    + 2.2.4 What is Geos programming like?
    + 2.2.5 Are there any visual developement tools for Geos?
    o 2.3 Shareware
    + 2.3.1 What shareware available for Geos?
    + 2.3.2 Are there any anonymous FTP sites for Geos software?
    + 2.3.3 Are there any Geos related BBS's?
    + 2.3.4 Are there any DOS programs written for Geos?
    o 2.4 Communications Software
    + 2.4.1 Are there any communications programs available for
    Geos?
    + 2.4.2 Does Geos do TCP/IP?

    2 Geos Software Information

    2.1 Desktop Software Products

    2.1.1 What desktop products are available for Geos?

    Some companies and individuals that sell Geos desktop software. The most
    notable is Breadbox Computer, but there are others. Not only does this list
    keep changing, but the products offered by these companies and the places
    and means to buy them continue to change.

    Breadbox Computer announced in a press release on January 24, 2002 that it
    has signed a worldwide non-exclusive licensing agreement with Geoworks to
    license Geos operating system for use on any and all hardware platforms and
    devices. It also now markets NewDeal Office 2000. It can be reached at:

    Breadbox Computer
    PO Box 808
    Port Richey, FL 34673-0808x
    Tel/Fax (813) 847-6996
    E-mail: info@breadbox.com
    Web: http://www.breadbox.com

    2.2 Geos Development Products

    2.2.1 What development products are available for Geos?

    Geoworks wrote several SDK's as Geos evolved. Version 2.0 supported the
    desktop, Zoomer, and Sharp PT-9000 (a preview of a pen-based tablet
    PC/PDA). Version 2.1 emulated the HP OmniGo 100/120. With the release of
    the Nokia 9000, Geoworks created three versions of the Communicator SDK: a
    DOS-based 9000 version, a DOS-based 9000i version (for the GSM model), and
    an NT-based 9000i version. The latest version is an NT-based 9110 SDK. The
    SDK's require Borland C/C++ 3.1 or higher (version 4.5 for the 9110 SDK).
    Geoworks transfered the 2.x SDK's to NewDeal, and has discontinued the 9000
    SDK's. The 9000i SDK is included in the 9110 SDK CD-ROM, though. The 9110
    SDK was marketed by Nokia. NewDeal sold off the 2.x SDK's. MyTurn started a
    developer's program for those who wished to code applications for its
    GlobalPC, which is now closed.

    Geoworks Bindery is an application for creating electronic "books" that can
    be read by a Book Reader on NDO or the OmniGo. It functions very much like
    Adobe Acrobat or Corel (formerly WordPerfect, then Novell) Envoy, only it
    is available exclusively on the Geos platform. As with the 2.x SDK's,
    Geoworks has transfered the Bindery to NewDeal.

    * Geoworks Bindery - Electronic publishing tool
    (http://www.newdealinc.com/devrel/)

    2.2.2 How can I order development products?

    The NDO 2000 / GPC SDK is available for download at Gene Anderson's
    website, www.tvakatter.org.

    2.2.3 What is IZL?

    John Feras' (jferas@netaxs.com) Feras Information Technologies has written
    an easy to use, powerful Geos scripting language with which you can write
    entire Geos applications. IZL is available in the desktop version, Zoomer,
    and OmniGo flavors. The files and documents, including an OmniGo IZL FAQ,
    can be found at Geos maven Holger Laux's website,
    http://my.genie.co.uk/holger.laux/izl/.

    2.2.4 What is Geos programming like?

    While this topic is broad, this section will be brief since there is
    another entire FAQ devoted to it available elsewhere. For serious Geos
    programming you need to get a Geos SDK that is tailored to the Geos
    platform that you want to write software for. However, you can probably get
    by with one SDK, hopefully the latest, as long as you don't try to take
    advantage of any unique features of your platform. The main point to using
    the 2.x SDK is that it is DOS-based, although a multitasking environment is
    recommended for task switching. A second computer is required to use the
    debugger, and unless you like programming in assembly, you have to use a
    Borland compiler. However, an NT-based SDK for available for the Nokia
    9000i & 9110 and the GlobalPC, allows for single-machine debugging. The
    main support for Geos development is the usenet newsgroup
    comp.os.geos.programmer.

    2.2.5 Are there any visual development tools for Geos?

    Yes. NewDeal released NewBASIC over three years ago. It has an easy-to-use
    syntax, and is marketed much as Visual Basic is for Windows. Gene Anderson
    also makes this available at www.tvakatter.org.

    2.3 Shareware

    2.3.1 Is there any shareware available for Geos?

    The list of Geos shareware is large and growing. Go to www.tvakatter.org to
    get an idea of what is available.

    2.3.2 Are there any anonymous FTP sites for Geos software?

    For a more complete listing of Geos related FTP sites, check out
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...den/gfiles.htm.

    2.3.3 Are there any Geos related BBS's?

    The following BBS's are the only ones I know that have Geos related
    content:

    * The Police Academy (49-611-1860516) in Germany
    * G-OS BBS ((03) 9803 6498) in Australia
    * GeoZ Online Services - Home of GeoNet (03)9803-6498 (222:222/0)
    * Ground Zero BBS, Ipswich, Queenslamd, Australia (07) 3812-0812
    Fidonet: 3:640/812.4 Sysop: Frank Moran.
    Current GeoNet main hub. Has Fidonet Geoworks echo, selection
    of Geoworks files for versions 1.x.x and 2.xx.
    * Past the Black Stump, Laidley, Queensland, Australia (074) 65-6667
    Fidonet: 3:640/404 Sysop: Rhondda Cook.
    Member GeoNet. Geoworks echo and selection of Geoworks files.
    * Lake Cathie BBS, Lake Cathie, New South Wales, Australia (065) 86-3067

    Fidonet: 3:711/475 Sysop: Glenn Pickford.
    Member GeoNet. Geoworks echo and selection of Geoworks files.
    Glenn is an Ensemble 2.01 user.

    2.3.4 Are there any DOS programs written for Geos?

    Here's a list of DOS apps for Geos.

    * PicLab V1.83 - Excellent for converting graphics to 16 color. Later
    versions aren't as good at this
    * BKGD2PCX - Converts PCX files to Geos backgrounds
    * IconMake - Converts PCX files and Windows icons to Geos icons
    * GeoDir - Lists the full Geos filenames at the DOS prompt
    * EdFolder - Allows you to change the folder icons
    * GeoKermit - An excellent general communications package

    2.4 Communications Software

    2.4.1 Are there any communications programs available for Geos?

    For the desktop version there is GeoComm (aka NewComm), AOL, and CompuServe
    software. Hwoever, AOL can no longer be accessed from a Geos client, since
    AOL is no longer available from Sprint dial-up's. For the Zoomer there is
    ZCommLite, AOL, and CompuServe software. For the OmniGo there is CompuServe
    and OmniCom. The CompuServe software, CIM4GEOS, requires a patch for it to
    work correctly for the desktop and the OmniGo. There are also several more
    shareware Zoomer and OmniGo communications programs and connectivity packs
    that work more or less on all Geos platforms. A variety of file transfer
    software is available for a variety of platforms (including UNIX and
    Macintosh), and there are also several communications programs under
    development. As far as the Internet is concerned, two browsers are
    available. GeoBrowser is included in the GeoBook and BrotherWorks for the
    desktop. A version named NewBrowser was available as part of a beta testing
    program of NDOr3. Breadbox developed Skipper and Skipper Pro for NDOr3.
    Future versions will support SSL and cookies. Breadbox also wrote the
    Meeting Room IRC client software for the GeoBook and NDO. A more advanced
    IRC app, WebChat, has been released, along with a newsreader and NewMail.

    Breadbox Ensemble has a full set of internet apps including: WebMagick
    (browser), IRC Chat, Email, FTP, Instant Messenger (compatible with AIM)
    and NewsReader.

    The Nokia 9000 and 9110 Communicators were originally bundled with
    Windows-based software that allowed them to synch with PC's via cable or
    infrared, The synchronization software is called Nokia Communicator Server.
    Breadbox wrote a similar, Geos-based software called Geoserver.

    2.4.2 Does Geos do TCP/IP?

    With version 3.x, it does. A BYTE article (1995) reported that the TCP/IP
    stack is derived from BSD Unix. Version 3.x includes much better
    communications support, bug fixes, and new features like the system
    mailbox.

    End of the PC/GEOS FAQ Part 2
    Copyright =A9 199?-1999 James Bearden. All rights reserved.

    Copyright =A9 1999-2003 Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog. All rights reserved.=
    =20

  2. PC/GEOS OS FAQ, Geos Compatibility Information (part 3/6)

    Archive-name: pcgeos-faq/part3
    Posting-Frequency: monthly
    Last-modified: January 3, 2003

[...]

    * Credits (John Howard's e-mail addresses)
    * Section 3.1.1 Where can I find more information about running
    Geos with my software and hardware?
    * Section 3.2.1 What versions of DOS are compatible with Geos?
    * Section 3.8.1 Is Geos compatible with Windows NT/2000?

    * 3 Geos Compatibility Information
    o 3.1 Where to find more compatibility information
    + 3.1.1 Where can I find more information about running Geos
    with my software and hardware?
    o 3.2 DOS Compatibility
    + 3.2.1 What versions of DOS are compatible with Geos?
    o 3.3 DR-DOS
    + 3.3.1 I switched from MS-DOS/PC-DOS to DR-DOS and Geos won't
    load, even after I run SETUP. What am I doing wrong?
    + 3.3.2 Does the desktop version support DR-DOS 6.0
    task-switching?
    + 3.3.3 Can I run Windows 3.1 on DR-DOS?
    + 3.3.4 DR-DOS is kind of old. Are there any updates?
    + 3.3.5 Will ZIP drives work with DR-DOS 6.0?
    o 3.4 Novell DOS
    + 3.4.1 What about the Task Switcher/Multitasker in Novell's
    NW-DOS 7?
    o 3.5 Linux
    + 3.5.1 How can I get Geos to run under Linux?
    o 3.6 Macintosh
    + 3.6.1 How can I get Geos to run on my Macintosh?
    + 3.6.2 How can I exchange files between my Mac and my Geos
    platform?
    + 3.6.3 Will Geos work with a DOS Compatibility Card?
    o 3.7 Network
    + 3.7.1 How can I use one document directory for different
    drives?
    + 3.7.2 Are there any versions of Geos made specifically for
    networks?
    o 3.8 Windows NT/2000
    + 3.8.1 Is Geos compatible with Windows NT?
    o 3.9 HP 200LX and OmniGo 700
    + 3.9.1 Will the desktop version run on my Hewlett Packard
    200-LX or OmniGo 700 palmtop computer?
    o 3.10 Iomega Zip Drives
    + 3.10.1 Does the Iomega Zip drive or removable drives work
    with Geos?
    o 3.11 Windows 95/98/Millennium Edition
    + 3.11.1 Can I run Ensemble/ NewDeal under Windows 95/98?
    o 3.12 Y2K Compliance
    + 3.12.1 Is Geos fully Y2K compliant?

    3 Geos Compatibility Information

    3.1 Where to find more compatibility information

    3.1.1 Where can I find more information about running Geos with my software
    and hardware?

    The GeoInfo database is an excellent source of compatibility information.
    You may need to do a bit of searching to find it, since as of this writing
    I haven't accessed it in years.

    3.2 DOS Compatibility

    3.2.1 What versions of DOS are compatible with Geos?

    Geos will run on the following DOS'es:

    * MS-DOS 3.x or higher (including Win9x MS-DOS mode); see below
    * Windows 9x/ME DOS window; see below
    * PC DOS 3.x or higher
    * OS/2 DOS window
    * Windows NT/2000 DOS window (NDO 98 and higher only); see below
    * DR DOS 5.0 or higher (including Novell DOS 7.0)
    * Datalight ROM-DOS 6.22 (used in several PDA's and the Nokia 9000)
    * PTS-DOS
    * FreeDOS (latest beta only)
    * General Software Embedded DOS-ROM (used in the Nokia 9110)
    * PocketDOS for Windows CE and Psion EPOC32 units (CGA display only);
    this is now a discontinued product
    * XT-CE with CEDOS for WinCE (CGA display only)

    It will not run on the following DOS'es:

    * multiuser DOS'es, such as DR Multiuser DOS, Concurrent DOS, Real/32
    * PC-MOS

    3.3 DR-DOS

    3.3.1 I switched from MS-DOS/PC DOS to DR-DOS and Geos won't load, even
    after I run SETUP. What am I doing wrong?

    Make sure that you have FILES=3D120 or more for DR-DOS 6.0. Novell DOS 7.0=
    as
    well as higher versions of DR-DOS need only FILES=3D30.

    3.3.2 Does the desktop version support DR-DOS 6.0 task-switching?

    The desktop versions currently supports the task-switching of DR-DOS 6.0
    TaskMax and Novell DOS 7.0 & DR-DOS 7.x Task Manager. Dormant tasks will
    appear in the Express Menu to be picked. Switching is nearly instantaneous.

    3.3.3 Can I run Windows 3.1 on DR-DOS?

    Pensey (pensey@bigfoot.com) says:

    "Windows 3.1 can be installed on DR-DOS, but you will need the DR-DOS
    upgrade patches. Also, don't let Windows modify your CONFIG.SYS and
    AUTOEXEC.BAT. Do it yourself. Otherwise it will try and put in
    HIMEM.SYS, change your EMM386.SYS and add SMARTDRV."

    3.3.4 DR-DOS is kind of old. Are there any updates?

    Yes. Caldera purchased DR-DOS and the rest of the Digital Research
    technology from Novell. The current versions, 7.03, can be found at
    http://www.lineo.com/, the website of its Lineo subsidiary.

    3.3.4 Will ZIP drives work with DR-DOS 6.0?

    Pensey (pensey@bigfoot.com) says:

    "Nope! Try Novell DOS 7.0. Patches are also available for Novell
    DOS. The newer versions of Caldera's DR-DOS include all the
    patches."

    3.4 Novell DOS

    3.4.1 What about the Task Switcher/Multitasker in Novell's NW-DOS 7?

    Novell DOS has been purchased by Caldera (http://www.lineo.com) and renamed
    back to DR-DOS. The Multitasker and Geos don't work together at all on most
    systems, although a few people have had good luck with it. You can get the
    task switcher to work with Geos by making sure that it uses the correct key
    combination (Ctrl-Esc). Select the DR-DOS TaskMax switcher in Geos
    preferences and it should work, although cutting and pasting between DOS
    and Geos will not work.

    3.5 Linux

    3.5.1 How can I get Geos to run under Linux?

    Obtain and figure out the shareware DOS emulator DosEmu. Michael Hirsch
    (hirsch@mathcs.emory.edu) writes:

    "Geos can run quite well under the Linux DOS emulator but you
    need to set up the /etc/dosemu.conf file correctly. The important
    thing is that DOSEMU must have full partition access (or even
    full disk access) to whatever partition contains Geos. You can't
    give partition access to a mounted partition, so you may have to
    unmount the DOS partition before running DOSEMU. Of course, you
    could write a script that does this automatically."

    Ross J. Reedstrom (ross@repressor.pharmacy.wisc.edu) writes:

    "I got Geos to recognize my lredired \\linux\dos drive as drive
    C: and start up off of it. This allows me to leave my DOS
    partition mounted, and access files safely from both Geos and
    Linux. I can even access all my Linux files (with mangled names,
    however, if they're not 8.3). The trick was to grep though my SDK
    documentation and discover the msnet.geo file system driver, and
    how to force Geos to recognize a net drive. The key is the
    following lines in GEOS.INI:

    [system]

    fs =3D {
    msnet.geo
    cdrom.geo
    }

    "According to the SDK documentation, this section loads
    'secondary file system drivers' if they are not automatically
    recognized properly. I load both the msnet.geo, described as
    being for generic drive redirectors, and the cdrom.geo, for
    mscdex CD-ROM access, of course, since I have a CD-ROM and use
    the DOSEMU CD-ROM driver."

    3.6 Macintosh

    3.6.1 How can I get Geos to run on my Macintosh?

    Some folks tried running Geos on a Macintosh using SoftPC, a DOS emulation
    program, and SoftWindows, a Windows emulator. (Insignia Solutions, the
    creator of SoftPC and SoftWindows, has since sold its emulation software to
    FWB Software.) Another FWB emulator, RealPC goes one step further by
    emulating an entire PC. Two other PC emulators are BlueLabel Power Emulator
    and VirtualPC. William Ove reports that Geos runs successfully on the FWB
    and BlueLabel emulators.

    3.6.2 How can I exchange files between my Mac and my Geos platform?

    Creative Digital Publishing has released a shareware program called
    MacPCCOM=99 available at:

    * Creative Digital's Newton vendor forum on CompuServe - GO
    NEWTVENS
    * Max Mansour's OmniGo page:
    http://www.ziplink.net/~maxm/omnigo/utilities.html
    * American Online (Computing/PDAs/New Files and Free Uploading)

    Look for the Stuffit archive MacPCCOM.sit.

    MacPCCOM lets Macintosh users upload and download files to and from Geos
    devices, like the HP OmniGo and the Casio Zoomer, and navigate the Geos
    file system from the Mac. It requires a serial cable connecting the Geos
    device to the Mac's modem port.

    MacPCCOM has been tested with an OmniGo and a Centris 610 running System
    7.3d0. Although it should work with other Macs, Mac OS versions, and Geos
    devices, it has not been tested on other configurations.

    3.6.3 Will Geos work with a DOS Compatibility Card?

    Edward Di Geronimo Jr. (edwdig@bergen.gov) reports success getting this to
    work , once he set the mouse to PS/2.

    3.7 Network

    3.7.1 How can I use one document directory for different drives?

    Pensey (pensey@bigfoot.com) says:

    "You can change the default document directory Geoworks uses for
    one directory for all copies of Geoworks running to keep a common
    pool of letters or databases etc. Set up an identical directory
    structure on the server where you want to store documents and add
    a paths section to GEOS.INI

    [paths]
    top =3D n:\geos20 (where n: is the network drive)

    "Alternatively specify an additional document directory:

    [paths]
    document =3D n:\docs

    "Geos will add the two directories together. Documents on the
    network drive will appear with their names underlined."

    Note that this is only for Geos 2.0 or higher; it doesn't work with Geos
    1.x.

    3.7.2 Are there any versions of Geos made specifically for networks?

    NewDeal offers a network version that can be run from the network server.
    Novell, LANtastic, and LanManager networks are officially supported and
    reports from the field indicate that Windows NT/2000 and Windows 95/98/ME
    also work, along with many lesser-known networks. The stand-alone version
    of NewDeal is network aware and will recognize and interact with drives and
    printers on most networks. SchoolView was written to support Novell
    NetWare.

    3.8 Windows NT/2000

    3.8.1 Is Geos compatible with Windows NT/2000?

    With a bit of tinkering, Geos 3.0 runs under Windows NT/2000. Two versions
    of the Nokia SDK also come with versions of Geos 3.0 that require Windows
    NT/2000 to run. Check out the latest on Geos in WinNT/2000/XP at
    ftp.breadbox.com. Look for the document named "geos in NT.txt".

    3.9 HP 200LX and OmniGo 700LX

    3.9.1 Will the desktop version run on my Hewlett Packard 200LX or OmniGo
    700LX palmtop computer?

    Yes, people have reported good performance running the desktop version on
    these computers. However, there are some problems. First of all this
    requires a flash disk. Geos is a GUI OS, so a mouse is highly recommended.
    The ALPS Glidepoint has been reported to work with these computers and
    Geos. Perhaps the worst problem running Geos on these computers is that
    Geos takes over the keyboard and prevents the use of the suspend feature
    until exiting from Geos.

    3.10 Does the Iomega Zip drive or removable drives work with Geos?

    3.10.1 Does the Iomega Zip drive or removable drives work with Geoworks?

    The Iomega Zip drive will work well with all versions of Geoworks/NewDeal.
    When using GeoManager or NewManager, the Zip drive appears as a 3.5" floppy
    drive, but does contain its own drive letter. The earlier Bernoulli Box
    drives made by Iomega as well as Syquest removable drives like the EZFlyer
    will also work with all versions of Geoworks/NewDeal. Those drives are
    iconed with 5.25" drives. NewManager in NDOr3 and later now has separate
    icons for Zip drives and removable drives, which can be displayed by
    editing the drive values of the [system] section of GEOS.INI. It is
    possible to run entire versions of Geoworks Ensemble from these drives, but
    be careful when doing this because you're only supposed to use Geoworks /
    NewDeal on one machine at a time.

    If Geos is loaded in a DOS window from Windows 95/98, and the Windows
    version of Guest or Active Disk is used for mounting Iomega drives, then
    the Zip or Jaz drive will be recognized. However, running Geos from MS-DOS
    mode requires the DOS version of Guest for Iomega drives to be loaded.

    3.11 Windows 95/98/Millennium Edition

    3.11.1 Can I run Ensemble / NewDeal under Windows 95/98/ME?

    Yes! PC/GEOS provides an excellent integrated software package for Windows
    95/98/ME. However, versions before 2.5 require a bit of tweaking before
    they will seamlessly integrate. Please consult the GeoInfo Database for
    more information on this topic. In a few cases where a lot of errors are
    encountered, running LOADER.EXE with the /s switch is the solution.

    3.12 Y2K Compliance

    3.12.1 Is Geos fully Y2K compliant?

    Steve Main said that Geos was Y2K compliant since its inception, and will
    recognize dates beyond December 31, 1999. In fact, since we are now into
    2003, Geos has been behaving normally.

    End of the PC/GEOS FAQ Part 3
    Copyright =A9 199?-1999 James Bearden. All rights reserved.

    Copyright =A9 1999-2003 Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog. All rights reserved.=
    =20

+ Reply to Thread