what cpu's used geos ? - GEOS

This is a discussion on what cpu's used geos ? - GEOS ; other than 80x86 and 6502 ( C64 / 128 ), what other CPU's ran GEOS & GEM ? -- Woodzy http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics) http://rtdos.com/debate (charged political discussion) http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards) http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active ...

  1. what cpu's used geos ?

    other than 80x86 and 6502 ( C64 / 128 ), what other CPU's ran GEOS & GEM ?

    --

    Woodzy

    http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    http://rtdos.com/debate (charged political discussion)
    http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards)
    http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active developer chat)

    http://rtdos.com/chat
    Chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and
    every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT)

  2. Re: what cpu's used geos ?

    The Atari St series, based on the 68000 chip.

    Roy

    *ProteanThread* wrote:
    > other than 80x86 and 6502 ( C64 / 128 ), what other CPU's ran GEOS & GEM ?

  3. Re: what cpu's used geos ?

    Did not know this one. Maybe you are confusing with GEM ?

    Philippe.

    Exegete wrote:

    > The Atari St series, based on the 68000 chip.
    >
    > Roy
    >
    > *ProteanThread* wrote:
    >
    >> other than 80x86 and 6502 ( C64 / 128 ), what other CPU's ran GEOS &
    >> GEM ?

  4. Re: what cpu's used geos ?

    If you notice, he asked in the body "what other CPU's ran GEOS & GEM"

    I didn't specify, but you are correct, I was referring to GEM.

    Roy

    Philippe wrote:

    > Did not know this one. Maybe you are confusing with GEM ?
    >
    > Philippe.
    >
    > Exegete wrote:
    >
    >> The Atari St series, based on the 68000 chip.
    >>
    >> Roy
    >>
    >> *ProteanThread* wrote:
    >>
    >>> other than 80x86 and 6502 ( C64 / 128 ), what other CPU's ran GEOS &
    >>> GEM ?

  5. Re: what cpu's used geos ?

    "Exegete" wrote in message
    > If you notice, he asked in the body "what other CPU's ran GEOS & GEM"
    >
    > I didn't specify, but you are correct, I was referring to GEM.
    >
    > Roy

    My mistake, yes you are correct, I should've specified "GEOS or GEM" not
    "GEOS and GEM"

    --

    Woodzy

    http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    http://rtdos.com/debate (charged political discussion)
    http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards)
    http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active developer chat)

    http://rtdos.com/chat
    Chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and
    every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT)

  6. Re: what cpu's used geos ?

    No, no, my fault. I should have written "you should be referring to GEM
    only". Sorry.

    By the way, we had made, in a now-defunct company, a lot of documents
    with Ventura Publisher under GEM for PC, more than 10 years ago.
    At this time I was already using GEOS Desktop and later Ensemble 1.2D. I
    was laughing at my collegues that were using the strange GEM and the
    rather ugly Windows 3.0. They were very impressed by the software in
    general and especially by the UI and Perf.

    A simple page giving some details and historical aspects of GEM is :
    http://www.fact-index.com/g/ge/gem_1.html
    (with a link to the same page for GEOS).
    Screen pics :
    http://desktoppub.about.com/gi/dynam...aw-gem-02.html
    http://desktoppub.about.com/gi/dynam...aw-gem-03.html
    Cliparts pics :
    http://desktoppub.about.com/gi/dynam...-graphics.html

    Philippe.

    *ProteanThread* wrote:

    > "Exegete" wrote in message
    >
    >>If you notice, he asked in the body "what other CPU's ran GEOS & GEM"
    >>
    >>I didn't specify, but you are correct, I was referring to GEM.
    >>
    >>Roy
    >>

    > My mistake, yes you are correct, I should've specified "GEOS or GEM" not
    > "GEOS and GEM"

  7. Re: what cpu's used geos ?

    Philippe schrieb:

    > By the way, we had made, in a now-defunct company, a lot of documents
    > with Ventura Publisher under GEM for PC, more than 10 years ago.

    I got 'Super Publisher' many years ago for the PC. It started as plain
    DOS with its own graphic engine (16 colors), but the next version used
    GEM as graphic library and offered 256 olors and a nicer UI
    So actually, GEM on PC was more a graphic and UI functions library than
    an OS or UI.

    Grossibaer

+ Reply to Thread