intel etherexpress e100b and neweal? - GEOS

This is a discussion on intel etherexpress e100b and neweal? - GEOS ; Hi, anyone ever used the e100bodi.com with newdeals odi interface? I can't seem to use it... everything runs fine when I use a 3c509 from 3com but when I switch to the e100b I get nowhere... any ideas? (besides using ...

  1. intel etherexpress e100b and neweal?

    Hi,

    anyone ever used the e100bodi.com with newdeals odi interface? I can't
    seem to use it... everything runs fine when I use a 3c509 from 3com but
    when I switch to the e100b I get nowhere...

    any ideas? (besides using the old NIC :-) )

    Dom
    --
    C:\>

  2. Re: intel etherexpress e100b and neweal?

    Hi Dom,

    Is this a separate PCI card, mounted in a PCI slot, or mounted on a
    motherboard?

    Have you looked at the loading process in DOS? Does the ODI drivers load
    properly
    with the card? If not, check NET.CFG, it is very important that you have
    "tabbed"
    correct in the configuration lines. Is it necessary to set the port
    number and the IRQ in
    NET.CFG? Check the document from Intel. Use the sample NET.CFG from Intel.
    Have you used the correct version of LSL.COM (the bundeled one?) with
    the E100B?

    Download the latest package from Intel. Use the bundeled files, like
    NET.CFG and
    LSL.COM, beside the EB100ODI.COM. Edit the bundeled NET.CFG to fit your
    needs. Check the HTML document, as they contain sample information in
    NET.CFG,
    like for example about the SPEEDDUPLEX parameter.

    Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Intel? Older ones is known
    to be
    incompatible with EMM386.exe.

    If it loads correctly and Web Magick puts up an error message, have you
    tried click
    on the reload button in Web Magick?

    Sorry for all the "stupid" questions, they are just intended to get you
    some ideas or input
    to get you on troubleshooting and hopefully solve the problem ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    On 2004-06-12 20:56, Dominique Vocat wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >anyone ever used the e100bodi.com with newdeals odi interface? I can't
    >seem to use it... everything runs fine when I use a 3c509 from 3com but
    >when I switch to the e100b I get nowhere...
    >
    >any ideas? (besides using the old NIC :-) )
    >
    >Dom

  3. Re: intel etherexpress e100b and neweal?

    it was the older lsl :-). Thanks for the hints...

    btw: it is imensly fast on the Pentium III with a 100mbit card compared
    to the old setup...

    thanks Hans! (doh' how could I not have found out myself... :-) )
    Dom
    --
    C:\>

  4. Re: intel etherexpress e100b and neweal?

    ok, maybe I was a little too quick... seems the pages were from cache
    (did not work either before, don't know why) and name resolution looks
    like it doesn't work... I'll have to work on it but thanks for the tips...

    Dom
    --
    C:\>

  5. Re: intel etherexpress e100b and neweal?

    Hello Dominique

    the only thing I know about the e100b driver is that there are different
    versions. I have a machine which loads the driver (it tells me so) and I
    can not access the Internet out of gEOS. and that's really not my fisrt ODI/GEOS
    installation :-(

    Andreas

    But keep on trying, WLAN wasn't easy too.

    Dominique Vocat wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > anyone ever used the e100bodi.com with newdeals odi interface? I can't
    > seem to use it... everything runs fine when I use a 3c509 from 3com but
    > when I switch to the e100b I get nowhere...
    >
    > any ideas? (besides using the old NIC :-) )
    >
    > Dom
    > --
    > C:\>

  6. &+ &%

    Andreas Bollhalder wrote:

    > Hello Dominique
    >
    > the only thing I know about the e100b driver is that there are different
    > versions. I have a machine which loads the driver (it tells me so) and I
    > can not access the Internet out of gEOS. and that's really not my fisrt ODI/GEOS
    > installation :-(
    >
    > Andreas

    same here, exactly... the bad thing is it's a NLX case so it's @%6&!!
    hard to insert a 3c509 under a Adapter 2940UW :-)...

    ah well... 5 more minutes :-) but I will keep on trying the ODI...

    Dom
    --
    C:\>

  7. Re: &+ &%

    Hi Dom,

    Since Andreas have addressed the problem, have you tried a second driver?
    Try this Intel link:
    http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...S&submit=Go%21

    It seems to be at least two different packages, but I might be wrong.
    Check also for features and configurations that needs to be set.
    I have dealt with this card with DOS TCP/IP and it did work well,
    but I have not used it with ODI drivers or GEOS :-(

    BR,
    Hans

    On 2004-06-12 23:27, Dominique Vocat wrote:

    >Andreas Bollhalder wrote:
    >

    >>Hello Dominique
    >>
    >>the only thing I know about the e100b driver is that there are different
    >>versions. I have a machine which loads the driver (it tells me so) and I
    >>can not access the Internet out of gEOS. and that's really not my fisrt ODI/GEOS
    >>installation :-(
    >>
    >>Andreas
    >>

    >same here, exactly... the bad thing is it's a NLX case so it's @%6&!!
    >hard to insert a 3c509 under a Adapter 2940UW :-)...
    >
    >ah well... 5 more minutes :-) but I will keep on trying the ODI...
    >
    >Dom

  8. Re: &+ &%

    Yes, mini desktop with onboard LAN. My Deskpro EN is the same way. There
    is shurly a 3c90x in my home and I need to test with it. Will write if I
    know more.

    Andreas

    Dominique Vocat wrote:
    > Andreas Bollhalder wrote:
    >
    > > Hello Dominique
    > >
    > > the only thing I know about the e100b driver is that there are different
    > > versions. I have a machine which loads the driver (it tells me so) and

    > > can not access the Internet out of gEOS. and that's really not my fisrt

    ODI/GEOS
    > > installation :-(
    > >
    > > Andreas

    > same here, exactly... the bad thing is it's a NLX case so it's @%6&!!
    > hard to insert a 3c509 under a Adapter 2940UW :-)...
    >
    > ah well... 5 more minutes :-) but I will keep on trying the ODI...
    >
    > Dom
    > --
    > C:\>

+ Reply to Thread