msclient expert anyone? - GEOS

This is a discussion on msclient expert anyone? - GEOS ; Hi, I am dabbling arround with a mangled msclient and newdeal works fine in parallel and there is plenty ram left... however I seem to have omited somethin in the bindings for I can't browse the net via netbeui over ...

  1. msclient expert anyone?

    Hi,

    I am dabbling arround with a mangled msclient and newdeal works fine in
    parallel and there is plenty ram left... however I seem to have omited
    somethin in the bindings for I can't browse the net via netbeui over
    odinsup... any experts here who might have had the pleasure before?

    or would it be easier just to go for ipx/spx and install nwlink on the
    windows boxes on the net? I really would like to get netbeui to work...

    in hope for hints :-)
    Dominique
    --
    C:\>

  2. Re: msclient expert anyone?

    On 2004-05-31 21:11, Dominique Vocat wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am dabbling arround with a mangled msclient and newdeal works fine in
    >parallel and there is plenty ram left... however I seem to have omited
    >somethin in the bindings for I can't browse the net via netbeui over
    >odinsup... any experts here who might have had the pleasure before?

    Never worked with netbeui over odinsup..........lurked around on the net
    and found this pdf docu:

    http://www.proxim.com/support/techbulletins/TB-051.pdf

    It might be to some help?

    >or would it be easier just to go for ipx/spx and install nwlink on the
    >windows boxes on the net? I really would like to get netbeui to work...

    You will need some kind of Novell server to login to, to get it working,
    maybe Personal Netware
    will work or Novell Lite, or the one bundled with DR-DOS years ago?

    BR,
    Hans

  3. Re: msclient expert anyone?

    Hans Lindgren wrote:

    > Never worked with netbeui over odinsup..........lurked around on the net
    > and found this pdf docu:
    >
    > http://www.proxim.com/support/techbulletins/TB-051.pdf
    >
    > It might be to some help?

    yeah, had found and read that... plus a few hundred other docs... *argh*
    well, I'm off a for a few days in italy... will see later :-).

    Dom
    --
    C:\>

  4. Re: msclient expert anyone?

    Hi Dom,

    Well, eat some suppa inglese ice cream for me ;-)

    BR,
    Hans

    On 2004-06-02 19:50, Dominique Vocat wrote:

    >Hans Lindgren wrote:
    >

    >>Never worked with netbeui over odinsup..........lurked around on the net
    >>and found this pdf docu:
    >>
    >>http://www.proxim.com/support/techbulletins/TB-051.pdf
    >>
    >>It might be to some help?
    >>

    >yeah, had found and read that... plus a few hundred other docs... *argh*
    >well, I'm off a for a few days in italy... will see later :-).
    >
    >Dom

+ Reply to Thread