NewDeal Office Under Windows XP? - GEOS

This is a discussion on NewDeal Office Under Windows XP? - GEOS ; I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the PITA Word type programs. I want my GEOS back!!! ;-Deano...

  1. NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the
    PITA Word type programs. I want my GEOS back!!! ;-Deano

  2. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Hi Deano,

    Stop by www.breadbox.com and in the Downloads section you'll see a
    document on running Geos in XP. If your PC is faster than about 1.2GHz
    you may need to slow it down while NDO is loading. In the Links/General
    section there's a link to CPUKiller.

    Between these two you should have pretty much all you need to make it work.

    John ;-)

    Deano wrote:

    > I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the
    > PITA Word type programs. I want my GEOS back!!! ;-Deano

  3. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Subject: Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?
    From: Marco10684
    To: comp.os.geos.misc
    Date: 5/22/2004

    This is the third time I've sent this but it doesn't seem to go thru Sorry if
    this is a repeat.

    Well Deano, now there are two of us with this problem.

    < I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the

    The fan on the processor heat sink quit on my 10 year old win 98 machine....
    Needless to say the processor fried.

    I have NDO 2000 running my laptop under Windows 2000, However I can't get NDO
    running on my new desktop running XP with service pak 1. it's a Pentium4,
    2.66GHz with 720Mb ram.

    The multi GHz replacement 'puter runs under XP home. I installed the hard drive
    from the old machine into the new one. All files are intact and seem to work,
    except NDO2000. The splash screen comes up but nothing else.... I get a KR-07
    error message. Trying to escape via E or Control-Alt-Del does nothing, but
    Alt-Tab gets me back to XP. That is as far as I got. All the NDO system mods
    that worked on my laptop with WIN2000 are to no avial.

    There was an earler answer from HelenB She stated that work using the mods mentioned along w/CPU Killer... strange, but it works!> I
    don't know what a CPU Killer is , or does..... SOOOO! I'm still looking for
    an answer

    Has anyone has figured how to run NDO under XP, now there are at least two of
    us that would appreciate any help.

    If John H. is following this query. I would be more than willing to purchase a
    CD of the newest version of NDO but only if it were able to self install under
    XP without having to grope my way thru all the damn windows files to make
    modifications.

    There is at least two of us to say thanks, for a working answer

    Marc

  4. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Hi,

    http://www.cpukiller.com/products/cpukiller/index.html

    http://www.breadbox.com/dldetails.as...&maincategory=

    >If John H. is following this query. I would be more than willing to purchase a
    >CD of the newest version of NDO but only if it were able to self install under
    >XP without having to grope my way thru all the damn windows files to make
    >modifications.
    >
    >There is at least two of us to say thanks, for a working answer
    >
    >Marc

    BR,
    Hans

  5. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Marco10684 schrieb:

    > There was an earler answer from HelenB She stated that > work using the mods mentioned along w/CPU Killer... strange, but it works!> I
    > don't know what a CPU Killer is , or does..... SOOOO! I'm still looking for
    > an answer

    There is a bug in the GEOS initialisation code that causes a KR if the
    CPU is too fast.
    CPU killer doe s not kill the CPU (as the name implies) but steals CPU
    time by causing the CPU being interrupted constantly.
    This slows down the CPU to a fraction of the normal speed and GEOS can
    start.
    After startup, the CPU may be released again (CPU killer has an option
    to do so after a few seconds automatically) and GEOS runs fine and
    happy.
    Only the CPU usage meter will not show anything anymore I think - since
    the CPU is now much faster than it was when measuring the 100% CPU load
    at startup.

    Grossibaer

  6. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Hi Marco,

    Hans' and Jens Michael's replies say it all. I do have NDO2000 and
    Ensemble running on an XP machine as have several others after followint
    the suggestions pointed to by Hans.

    High on our list is to fix the fast CPU problem and to make installation
    on XP easier.

    John ;-)

    Marco10684 wrote:

    > Subject: Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?
    > From: Marco10684
    > To: comp.os.geos.misc
    > Date: 5/22/2004
    >
    > This is the third time I've sent this but it doesn't seem to go thru Sorry if
    > this is a repeat.
    >
    > Well Deano, now there are two of us with this problem.
    >
    > < I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the
    > >
    > The fan on the processor heat sink quit on my 10 year old win 98 machine....
    > Needless to say the processor fried.
    >
    > I have NDO 2000 running my laptop under Windows 2000, However I can't get NDO
    > running on my new desktop running XP with service pak 1. it's a Pentium4,
    > 2.66GHz with 720Mb ram.
    >
    > The multi GHz replacement 'puter runs under XP home. I installed the hard drive
    > from the old machine into the new one. All files are intact and seem to work,
    > except NDO2000. The splash screen comes up but nothing else.... I get a KR-07
    > error message. Trying to escape via E or Control-Alt-Del does nothing, but
    > Alt-Tab gets me back to XP. That is as far as I got. All the NDO system mods
    > that worked on my laptop with WIN2000 are to no avial.
    >
    > There was an earler answer from HelenB She stated that > work using the mods mentioned along w/CPU Killer... strange, but it works!> I
    > don't know what a CPU Killer is , or does..... SOOOO! I'm still looking for
    > an answer
    >
    > Has anyone has figured how to run NDO under XP, now there are at least two of
    > us that would appreciate any help.
    >
    > If John H. is following this query. I would be more than willing to purchase a
    > CD of the newest version of NDO but only if it were able to self install under
    > XP without having to grope my way thru all the damn windows files to make
    > modifications.
    >
    > There is at least two of us to say thanks, for a working answer
    >
    > Marc

  7. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    >High on our list is to fix the fast CPU problem and to make installation
    >on XP easier.
    >
    >John ;-)

    YES!!! Please do... Although I have NDO v3.2a working w/XP and CPU killer, it
    frequently takes a couple of tries until it will start successfully (not sure
    why...) Once it DOES start, I leave it running and just alt/tab bet. XP and NDO
    as needed. Thank goodness it works that way... I don't even want to THINK about
    not being able to use my NDO!!!
    Keep up the good work --- and I'll keep on supporting you!
    Helene in warm and lovely Tampa

  8. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    This is the third time I've sent this but it doesn't seem to go thru Sorry if
    this is a repeat.

    Well Deano, now there are three of us with this problem. hellenb,deano & me

[...]

  9. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    >>High on our list is to fix the fast CPU problem and to make installation
    >>on XP easier.
    >>
    >>John ;-)

    That's good news, especially fixing the fast CPU problem.
    I've put off getting a new computer, (this 10 year old 486 can't
    handle the graphics work I'd like to do) hoping for just that fix.

    Mvh Helene

  10. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    I have 3.2a and 4.1.8 both running on Win XP Pro.

    I use the techniques referred to John as follows:

    "Stop by www.breadbox.com and in the Downloads section you'll see a
    document on running Geos in XP. If your PC is faster than about 1.2GHz
    you may need to slow it down while NDO is loading. In the Links/General
    section there's a link to CPUKiller."

    For a while there was no problem at all. But recently there is a problem with
    each.

    First with 3.2a, after I have opened and closed it a few times this begins to
    happen: When I open it, as soon as the splash screen disappears, the mouse
    indicator appears as an hour glass, although the desktop is there and I am not
    apparently waiting for any process to occur. The mouse will work for a few
    minutes and then 3.2a closes and I am back at XP. After I reinstall it, I go
    back into loader/properties/progam tab/advanced and restore it to read
    C:\NDO99\ENSCONFIG.NT and C:\NDO99\ENSAUTOEXEC.NT. Everything else in
    loader\properties is OK. Then 3.2a will work fine for a few times and then the
    same problem recurs.

    On the other hand 4.1.8 never displays that problem. However, if I try to print
    or to copy to a floppy or print to file [for Ghostscript], or to interact in
    any way with XP, it almost always fails and promptly drops back down to XP.

    I was having this problem before I installed Jens's Ghostscript compatible
    libraries.

    I do have Gonzo installed in 4.1.8 and I did have it in 3.2a, but I can't
    remember if the problems appears right after I installed it. When I run the
    4.1.8 installation CD with the repair option selected, it does not make a
    difference.

    The result is I can just barely use 3.2a for printing and 4.1.8 for composing
    etc.

    I will really appreciate any help.

    Dick

  11. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    John Howard wrote:
    > Hi Marco,
    >
    > Hans' and Jens Michael's replies say it all. I do have NDO2000 and
    > Ensemble running on an XP machine as have several others after followint
    > the suggestions pointed to by Hans.
    >
    > High on our list is to fix the fast CPU problem and to make installation
    > on XP easier.
    >
    > John ;-)
    >
    > Marco10684 wrote:
    >
    >> Subject: Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?
    >> From: Marco10684
    >> To: comp.os.geos.misc
    >> Date: 5/22/2004
    >>
    >> This is the third time I've sent this but it doesn't seem to go thru
    >> Sorry if
    >> this is a repeat.
    >>
    >> Well Deano, now there are two of us with this problem.
    >> < I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the
    >> >>
    >> The fan on the processor heat sink quit on my 10 year old win 98
    >> machine....
    >> Needless to say the processor fried.
    >> I have NDO 2000 running my laptop under Windows 2000, However I can't
    >> get NDO
    >> running on my new desktop running XP with service pak 1. it's a Pentium4,
    >> 2.66GHz with 720Mb ram.
    >> The multi GHz replacement 'puter runs under XP home. I installed the
    >> hard drive
    >> from the old machine into the new one. All files are intact and seem
    >> to work,
    >> except NDO2000. The splash screen comes up but nothing else.... I get
    >> a KR-07
    >> error message. Trying to escape via E or Control-Alt-Del does nothing,
    >> but
    >> Alt-Tab gets me back to XP. That is as far as I got. All the NDO
    >> system mods
    >> that worked on my laptop with WIN2000 are to no avial.
    >>
    >> There was an earler answer from HelenB She stated that >> to make it
    >> work using the mods mentioned along w/CPU Killer... strange, but it
    >> works!> I
    >> don't know what a CPU Killer is , or does..... SOOOO! I'm still
    >> looking for
    >> an answer
    >>
    >> Has anyone has figured how to run NDO under XP, now there are at least
    >> two of
    >> us that would appreciate any help.
    >> If John H. is following this query. I would be more than willing to
    >> purchase a
    >> CD of the newest version of NDO but only if it were able to self
    >> install under
    >> XP without having to grope my way thru all the damn windows files to make
    >> modifications.
    >> There is at least two of us to say thanks, for a working answer
    >>
    >> Marc

    I'm having the same problem running under OS/2 - eComStation. CPU
    killer is a Windoze app only. Any suggestions for users who aren't
    playing the Windoze game?

    --
    Regards,
    Burt

  12. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Here in comp.os.geos.misc,
    Burton Bram spake unto us, saying:

    >I'm having the same problem running under OS/2 - eComStation. CPU
    >killer is a Windoze app only. Any suggestions for users who aren't
    >playing the Windoze game?

    There are a number of CPU cycle stealers (mainly TSRs) that run under
    DOS. Perhaps one of those would run in an OS/2 VDM?

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Eden Prairie, MN
    Applications analyst/designer/developer (14 yrs) seeking employment.

  13. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Hello Dick,

    When you close NDO 4.1.8 does it close cleanly?

    If not, try to add these line to your ENSAUTOEXEC.NT

    DEL C:\NDO99\PRIVDATA\CLIPBOAR.000
    DEL C:\NDO99\PRIVDATA\SWAP
    DEL C:\NDO99\*.IVE

    I have one more suggestion and that is to run reset.bat
    located in your NDO99 folder prior starting NDO to see
    if that helps. Maybe statefiles gets corrupted and needs
    to be deleted?

    BR,
    Hans

    On 2004-05-27 00:07, RCantrell wrote:

    >I have 3.2a and 4.1.8 both running on Win XP Pro.
    >
    >I use the techniques referred to John as follows:
    >
    >"Stop by www.breadbox.com and in the Downloads section you'll see a
    >document on running Geos in XP. If your PC is faster than about 1.2GHz
    >you may need to slow it down while NDO is loading. In the Links/General
    >section there's a link to CPUKiller."
    >
    >For a while there was no problem at all. But recently there is a problem with
    >each.
    >
    >First with 3.2a, after I have opened and closed it a few times this begins to
    >happen: When I open it, as soon as the splash screen disappears, the mouse
    >indicator appears as an hour glass, although the desktop is there and I am not
    >apparently waiting for any process to occur. The mouse will work for a few
    >minutes and then 3.2a closes and I am back at XP. After I reinstall it, I go
    >back into loader/properties/progam tab/advanced and restore it to read
    >C:\NDO99\ENSCONFIG.NT and C:\NDO99\ENSAUTOEXEC.NT. Everything else in
    >loader\properties is OK. Then 3.2a will work fine for a few times and then the
    >same problem recurs.
    >
    >On the other hand 4.1.8 never displays that problem. However, if I try to print
    >or to copy to a floppy or print to file [for Ghostscript], or to interact in
    >any way with XP, it almost always fails and promptly drops back down to XP.
    >
    >I was having this problem before I installed Jens's Ghostscript compatible
    >libraries.
    >
    >I do have Gonzo installed in 4.1.8 and I did have it in 3.2a, but I can't
    >remember if the problems appears right after I installed it. When I run the
    >4.1.8 installation CD with the repair option selected, it does not make a
    >difference.
    >
    >The result is I can just barely use 3.2a for printing and 4.1.8 for composing
    >etc.
    >
    >I will really appreciate any help.
    >
    >Dick

  14. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Yes, any OS/2 or DOS utility that will disable one or both CPU caches.

    BR,
    Hans

    On 2004-05-27 05:01, Burton Bram wrote:

    >John Howard wrote:
    >

    >>Hi Marco,
    >>
    >>Hans' and Jens Michael's replies say it all. I do have NDO2000 and
    >>Ensemble running on an XP machine as have several others after followint
    >>the suggestions pointed to by Hans.
    >>
    >>High on our list is to fix the fast CPU problem and to make installation
    >>on XP easier.
    >>
    >>John ;-)
    >>
    >>Marco10684 wrote:
    >>

    >>>Subject: Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?
    >>>From: Marco10684
    >>>To: comp.os.geos.misc
    >>>Date: 5/22/2004
    >>>
    >>>This is the third time I've sent this but it doesn't seem to go thru
    >>>Sorry if
    >>>this is a repeat.
    >>>
    >>>Well Deano, now there are two of us with this problem.
    >>>< I need the info on running NDO 2000 under XP. I am fed up with the
    >>> >>>
    >>>The fan on the processor heat sink quit on my 10 year old win 98
    >>>machine....
    >>>Needless to say the processor fried.
    >>>I have NDO 2000 running my laptop under Windows 2000, However I can't
    >>>get NDO
    >>>running on my new desktop running XP with service pak 1. it's a Pentium4,
    >>>2.66GHz with 720Mb ram.
    >>>The multi GHz replacement 'puter runs under XP home. I installed the
    >>>hard drive
    >>>from the old machine into the new one. All files are intact and seem
    >>>to work,
    >>>except NDO2000. The splash screen comes up but nothing else.... I get
    >>>a KR-07
    >>>error message. Trying to escape via E or Control-Alt-Del does nothing,
    >>>but
    >>>Alt-Tab gets me back to XP. That is as far as I got. All the NDO
    >>>system mods
    >>>that worked on my laptop with WIN2000 are to no avial.
    >>>
    >>>There was an earler answer from HelenB She stated that >>>to make it
    >>>work using the mods mentioned along w/CPU Killer... strange, but it
    >>>works!> I
    >>>don't know what a CPU Killer is , or does..... SOOOO! I'm still
    >>>looking for
    >>>an answer
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone has figured how to run NDO under XP, now there are at least
    >>>two of
    >>>us that would appreciate any help.
    >>>If John H. is following this query. I would be more than willing to
    >>>purchase a
    >>>CD of the newest version of NDO but only if it were able to self
    >>>install under
    >>>XP without having to grope my way thru all the damn windows files to make
    >>>modifications.
    >>>There is at least two of us to say thanks, for a working answer
    >>>
    >>>Marc
    >>>

    >I'm having the same problem running under OS/2 - eComStation. CPU
    >killer is a Windoze app only. Any suggestions for users who aren't
    >playing the Windoze game?

  15. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Sometimes it closes cleanly and sometimes not. But I will try your suggestions.

    Any ideas for 3.2a?

    Thanks.

    Dick

    In article , Hans Lindgren
    writes:

    >When you close NDO 4.1.8 does it close cleanly?
    >
    >If not, try to add these line to your ENSAUTOEXEC.NT
    >
    >DEL C:\NDO99\PRIVDATA\CLIPBOAR.000
    >DEL C:\NDO99\PRIVDATA\SWAP
    >DEL C:\NDO99\*.IVE
    >
    >I have one more suggestion and that is to run reset.bat
    >located in your NDO99 folder prior starting NDO to see
    >if that helps. Maybe statefiles gets corrupted and needs
    >to be deleted?
    >
    >BR,
    >Hans
    >

    >On 2004-05-27 00:07, RCantrell wrote:
    >
    >>I have 3.2a and 4.1.8 both running on Win XP Pro.
    >>
    >>I use the techniques referred to John as follows:
    >>
    >>"Stop by www.breadbox.com and in the Downloads section you'll see a
    >>document on running Geos in XP. If your PC is faster than about 1.2GHz
    >>you may need to slow it down while NDO is loading. In the Links/General
    >>section there's a link to CPUKiller."
    >>
    >>For a while there was no problem at all. But recently there is a problem

    >with
    >>each.
    >>
    >>First with 3.2a, after I have opened and closed it a few times this begins

    >>happen: When I open it, as soon as the splash screen disappears, the mouse
    >>indicator appears as an hour glass, although the desktop is there and I am

    >not
    >>apparently waiting for any process to occur. The mouse will work for a few
    >>minutes and then 3.2a closes and I am back at XP. After I reinstall it, I go
    >>back into loader/properties/progam tab/advanced and restore it to read
    >>C:\NDO99\ENSCONFIG.NT and C:\NDO99\ENSAUTOEXEC.NT. Everything else in
    >>loader\properties is OK. Then 3.2a will work fine for a few times and then

    >the
    >>same problem recurs.
    >>
    >>On the other hand 4.1.8 never displays that problem. However, if I try to

    >print
    >>or to copy to a floppy or print to file [for Ghostscript], or to interact in
    >>any way with XP, it almost always fails and promptly drops back down to XP.
    >>
    >>I was having this problem before I installed Jens's Ghostscript compatible
    >>libraries.
    >>
    >>I do have Gonzo installed in 4.1.8 and I did have it in 3.2a, but I can't
    >>remember if the problems appears right after I installed it. When I run the
    >>4.1.8 installation CD with the repair option selected, it does not make a
    >>difference.
    >>
    >>The result is I can just barely use 3.2a for printing and 4.1.8 for

    >composing
    >>etc.
    >>
    >>I will really appreciate any help.
    >>
    >>Dick

  16. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Hi!

    > There was an earler answer from HelenB She stated that > work using the mods mentioned along w/CPU Killer... strange, but it works!> I
    > don't know what a CPU Killer is , or does..... SOOOO! I'm still looking for
    > an answer
    >
    > Has anyone has figured how to run NDO under XP, now there are at least two of
    > us that would appreciate any help.

    Have you already done the steps described in Breadbox' "how
    to..."-document?
    It can be found here:
    http://www.breadbox.com/dldetails.as...&maincategory=
    Since you're going to run Geos under XP on that machine, there's a
    very high chance that you don't need any "CPU-killer" since XP's
    "dos-box" will slow down your PC anyway ;-)
    In any case, you'll have to follow the first steps from Breadbox'
    document:

    RUNNING ENSEMBLE UNDER WINDOWS NT, 2000, XP

    While going through the install process you will be asked if you
    want to change the settings in your AUTOEXEC.BAT and/or
    CONFIG.SYS files. Say "No" to both. You will change your
    CONFIG.NT file in step 5 below.

    1. Right click the shortcut you use to run Ensemble and choose
    Properties from the menu.
    2. On the Shortcut tab, check the Target and Start in
    boxes to make sure they name the drive and folder where
    Ensemble is installed (usually C:\Ensemble).
    3. In XP, on the Compatibility tab set Ensemble to run in
    Windows 95 mode.
    4. Click APPLY.
    5. Using Windows Notepad or a text editor, examine your CONFIG.NT
    file (usually located in C:\WINNT[or WINDOWS]\SYSTEM32).
    It should contain these settings:
    device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys
    dos=high, umb
    files=120
    ntcmdprompt
    6. To be able to use your floppy drive (A edit your geos.ini file
    from Windows as follows. In the [system] section add the line:
    drive a = 65535
    This will replace the floppy drive icon with a hard drive icon,
    but at least the drive will be usable.

    NOTE: Ensemble will run only in full screen mode, and you may
    need to adjust your Ensemble and/or your Windows screen resolution
    and color depth to match each other. In some cases Ensemble may
    run in only 640x480 16 colors. In some cases users have reported that
    must press the CTRL key either during or after Ensemble shuts down
    to successfully return to Windows XP.

    Hope this helps,
    Jörg

  17. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    Hi again, Dick,

    I remember one old trick from NT 4......when closing NDO press any key
    on the keyboard,
    and hold it down until NDO closes, and you won't get KR-35. I choosed to
    press the CTRL-key
    as this key does not send anything that would cause problems.........

    BR,
    Hans

    RCantrell wrote:
> [...]

    > >>same problem recurs.
    > >>
    > >>On the other hand 4.1.8 never displays that problem. However, if I try

    > >print
    > >>or to copy to a floppy or print to file [for Ghostscript], or to interact

    in
    > >>any way with XP, it almost always fails and promptly drops back down

    to XP.

    > >>I was having this problem before I installed Jens's Ghostscript compatible
    > >>libraries.
    > >>
    > >>I do have Gonzo installed in 4.1.8 and I did have it in 3.2a, but I

    can't
    > >>remember if the problems appears right after I installed it. When I

    run the
    > >>4.1.8 installation CD with the repair option selected, it does not make

    > >>difference.
    > >>
    > >>The result is I can just barely use 3.2a for printing and 4.1.8 for

  18. Re: NewDeal Office Under Windows XP?

    In article , Hans Lindgren
    writes:

    >Hello Dick,
    >
    >When you close NDO 4.1.8 does it close cleanly?
    >
    >If not, try to add these line to your ENSAUTOEXEC.NT
    >
    >DEL C:\NDO99\PRIVDATA\CLIPBOAR.000
    >DEL C:\NDO99\PRIVDATA\SWAP
    >DEL C:\NDO99\*.IVE

    I have an ENSAUTOEXEC.NT for both 4.1.8 and 3.2. It wasn't clear whether you
    meant to add those lines to the one for 4.1.8 or not. so I tried it for both. I
    also tried using NDO2000 in the expressions for 4.1.8.

    At any rate no version helped.

    >I have one more suggestion and that is to run reset.bat
    >located in your NDO99 folder prior starting NDO to see
    >if that helps. Maybe statefiles gets corrupted and needs
    >to be deleted?

    I had long ago tried running reset.bat, but I tried it again. It did not help.

    Thanks, though, for the suggestions.

    So I am still looking for help.

    Dick

    >BR,
    >Hans
    >

    >On 2004-05-27 00:07, RCantrell wrote:
    >
    >>I have 3.2a and 4.1.8 both running on Win XP Pro.
    >>
    >>I use the techniques referred to John as follows:
    >>
    >>"Stop by www.breadbox.com and in the Downloads section you'll see a
    >>document on running Geos in XP. If your PC is faster than about 1.2GHz
    >>you may need to slow it down while NDO is loading. In the Links/General
    >>section there's a link to CPUKiller."
    >>
    >>For a while there was no problem at all. But recently there is a problem

    >with
    >>each.
    >>
    >>First with 3.2a, after I have opened and closed it a few times this begins

    >>happen: When I open it, as soon as the splash screen disappears, the mouse
    >>indicator appears as an hour glass, although the desktop is there and I am

    >not
    >>apparently waiting for any process to occur. The mouse will work for a few
    >>minutes and then 3.2a closes and I am back at XP. After I reinstall it, I go
    >>back into loader/properties/progam tab/advanced and restore it to read
    >>C:\NDO99\ENSCONFIG.NT and C:\NDO99\ENSAUTOEXEC.NT. Everything else in
    >>loader\properties is OK. Then 3.2a will work fine for a few times and then

    >the
    >>same problem recurs.
    >>
    >>On the other hand 4.1.8 never displays that problem. However, if I try to

    >print
    >>or to copy to a floppy or print to file [for Ghostscript], or to interact in
    >>any way with XP, it almost always fails and promptly drops back down to XP.
    >>
    >>I was having this problem before I installed Jens's Ghostscript compatible
    >>libraries.
    >>
    >>I do have Gonzo installed in 4.1.8 and I did have it in 3.2a, but I can't
    >>remember if the problems appears right after I installed it. When I run the
    >>4.1.8 installation CD with the repair option selected, it does not make a
    >>difference.
    >>
    >>The result is I can just barely use 3.2a for printing and 4.1.8 for

    >composing
    >>etc.
    >>
    >>I will really appreciate any help.
    >>
    >>Dick