Hi Grossibaer,

I have made comments below.

Jens-Michael Gross wrote:

> [...]

SE

>> There are a wide variety of ways to produce sound in Windoze.
>>
>> Some applications use DirectSound (part of DirectX), some use the sound
>> driver directly (part of the soundcard driver), some go through the
>> wndows sound device and the windows sound mapper. And few directly
>> access the sound hardware.

I suspect the windows sound device and windows sound mapper in some way.

>> A reinstalation of the drivers doen not always help since there are many
>> configurations stored in the registry which are not switched back to
>> installation value. (this is why the registry constantly grows even if
>> you deinstall things).
>>
>> Installing DirectX anew might help. Or the sound card driver (delete it
>> from the system configuration) and then reinstall DirectX.

I have done all this, it solved some issues but not the choppy sound. When
I use the DirectXdiagnostic tool everything works OK, except for the Microsoft
Syntheziser, which sounds choppy.

>> Or maybe the multimedia properties in the system configuration mey give
>> you a hint.

I have tried all this, but I think that there is corrupt file/files in the
windows sound device or the windows sound mapper. Do you happen to know what
files these consists of and their dependencies?

>> I have a similar problem: my sound goes choppy after time (mostly if I
>> played a game with many sound effects). When I leave the game, it
>> sometimes recovers, sometimes I have to reboot.
>> It also happens after I started and shut down NDO2000 once. Next start

>> get echoes. But not if I started it and then killed it from within the
>> windows task manager. Strange things happen if Windows is involved. I
>> never found a fix in the last 4 years.

Sounds fishy. Mine have worked flawlessly prior to the crash of WIndows
and the reinstall of some softwares.

BR,
Hans