[OT]General old OS guestion - GEOS

This is a discussion on [OT]General old OS guestion - GEOS ; The Newton OS is used on the Newton PIMs made by Apple during the 90s. It is a somewhat unique OS. The OS as used on the Newton was developed by Apple, but I am sure I have read that ...

  1. [OT]General old OS guestion

    The Newton OS is used on the Newton PIMs made by Apple during the 90s.
    It is a somewhat unique OS. The OS as used on the Newton was developed
    by Apple, but I am sure I have read that it was based on the operation
    of a prior OS, and I think I read it in here. While I am not positive,
    I think it may have been Pat that posted the information.

    In any event if anyone has any historical information on the Newton OS
    and any predecessors it may have had I would appreciate the information.

    thanks
    bill
    --
    \/\/i||i@m ()\/e

  2. Re: [OT]General old OS guestion

    Here in comp.os.geos.misc, William Ove spake unto us, saying:

    >In any event if anyone has any historical information on the Newton OS
    >and any predecessors it may have had I would appreciate the information.

    A quick search on Google located these two sites and more:

    http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Newton

    Have fun searching! :-)

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Eden Prairie, MN
    Applications analyst/designer/developer (14 yrs) seeking employment.

+ Reply to Thread