Geos vs. Geos - GEOS

This is a discussion on Geos vs. Geos - GEOS ; Has anyone out there ever used *both* C=64/128 Geos and Apple II Geos? Are they Identical, or at least similar? What are the differences, other than the graphics resolution? Other than the disk formats, are they compatible?...

  1. Geos vs. Geos

    Has anyone out there ever used *both* C=64/128 Geos and Apple II Geos?

    Are they Identical, or at least similar? What are the differences,
    other than the graphics resolution? Other than the disk formats, are
    they compatible?

  2. Re: Geos vs. Geos

    As I recall they were in no way exacutable compatible. In other words,
    Geopublish 64 would never work on the Apple, but the data files could
    be downloaded and with the help of some conversion program made to
    load from one version to another. I also think fonts somewhat
    compatible.

    Apple GEOS was never very popular. It was up against the IIgs, and Mac
    which were already resonable established.

    On 6 Mar 2004 10:48:50 -0800, puritan_2076@yahoo.com (Leon Howell)
    wrote:

    >Has anyone out there ever used *both* C=64/128 Geos and Apple II Geos?
    >
    >Are they Identical, or at least similar? What are the differences,
    >other than the graphics resolution? Other than the disk formats, are
    >they compatible?

  3. Re: Geos vs. Geos

    > As I recall they were in no way exacutable compatible. In other words,
    > Geopublish 64 would never work on the Apple, but the data files could
    > be downloaded and with the help of some conversion program made to
    > load from one version to another. I also think fonts somewhat
    > compatible.

    Probably the resolution. The C=128 could run C=64 applications under
    Geos 128, so I was hoping I could get some C=64 stuff easily. Were
    they identical, though, or would using Geos on a IIc+ not be the same
    as using it on a C=64?

    > Apple GEOS was never very popular. It was up against the IIgs, and Mac
    > which were already resonable established.

    Oh, well, I like AppleWorks better anyway.

+ Reply to Thread