Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x - GEOS

This is a discussion on Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x - GEOS ; OK, yes, I have an ancient Ensemble 2.01 setup running on a separate bootable dos partition on my computer. I had an equally ancient IBM 4019 printer to which it printed. I have now replaced the IBM 4019 printer with ...

  1. Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x

    OK, yes, I have an ancient Ensemble 2.01 setup running on a separate
    bootable dos partition on my computer. I had an equally ancient IBM
    4019 printer to which it printed. I have now replaced the IBM 4019
    printer with a new HP 1012 printer, which, of course, has only a USB
    connection. I also have a color/bw inkjet printer (Lexmark Z22)
    connected to an LPT1 port by parallel cable.

    I need to get Ensemble 2.01 to print to one of these printers. Any
    ideas (and no, don't start in on how stupid I am to still have such an
    ancient program.....)

    Chip Reinhardt

  2. Re: Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x

    Do you also like walking up to walls and banging your head?

    "Chip Reinhardt" wrote in message
    news:_vxXb.9665$jx3.1069607@twister.southeast.rr.c om...
    > OK, yes, I have an ancient Ensemble 2.01 setup running on a separate
    > bootable dos partition on my computer. I had an equally ancient IBM
    > 4019 printer to which it printed. I have now replaced the IBM 4019
    > printer with a new HP 1012 printer, which, of course, has only a USB
    > connection. I also have a color/bw inkjet printer (Lexmark Z22)
    > connected to an LPT1 port by parallel cable.
    >
    > I need to get Ensemble 2.01 to print to one of these printers. Any
    > ideas (and no, don't start in on how stupid I am to still have such an
    > ancient program.....)
    >
    > Chip Reinhardt

  3. Re: Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x

    Hi Chip,

    I don't think you can get to your USB printer without a network of some
    sort. But you may be able to find a printer driver in Ens2.01 that
    works with your Lexmark. I wnrt to the Lexmark web site and perused the
    user's guide for the Z22. I didn't see a list of compatible drivers but
    there was a mention of the ability to print from DOS. But that said to
    look in the Win online help (which I don't have). That might give you a
    hint. And you could always try going thru the list of drivers in 2.01
    and trying them out. The Epson drivers are a good place to stert.

    John ;-)

    Chip Reinhardt wrote:
    > OK, yes, I have an ancient Ensemble 2.01 setup running on a separate
    > bootable dos partition on my computer. I had an equally ancient IBM
    > 4019 printer to which it printed. I have now replaced the IBM 4019
    > printer with a new HP 1012 printer, which, of course, has only a USB
    > connection. I also have a color/bw inkjet printer (Lexmark Z22)
    > connected to an LPT1 port by parallel cable.
    >
    > I need to get Ensemble 2.01 to print to one of these printers. Any
    > ideas (and no, don't start in on how stupid I am to still have such an
    > ancient program.....)
    >
    > Chip Reinhardt

  4. Re: Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x

    Not lately, but this project is for the benefit of my wife, so I have to
    give it a try....

    Chip

    Bob wrote:

    >Do you also like walking up to walls and banging your head?
    >
    >"Chip Reinhardt" wrote in message
    >news:_vxXb.9665$jx3.1069607@twister.southeast.rr.c om...
    >

    >>OK, yes, I have an ancient Ensemble 2.01 setup running on a separate
    >>bootable dos partition on my computer. I had an equally ancient IBM
    >>4019 printer to which it printed. I have now replaced the IBM 4019
    >>printer with a new HP 1012 printer, which, of course, has only a USB
    >>connection. I also have a color/bw inkjet printer (Lexmark Z22)
    >>connected to an LPT1 port by parallel cable.
    >>
    >>I need to get Ensemble 2.01 to print to one of these printers. Any
    >>ideas (and no, don't start in on how stupid I am to still have such an
    >>ancient program.....)
    >>
    >>Chip Reinhardt

  5. Re: Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x

    John Howard schrieb:
    > And you could always try going thru the list of drivers in 2.01
    > and trying them out. The Epson drivers are a good place to stert.

    Many Lexmark printers are similar to the HP printer (at least for the
    hardware)
    Maybe it has PCL capability (then use the Hp DeskJet drivers)
    Or it has ESC/P or ESC/P2 capability, then the Epson printer drivers are
    a good start.
    Or the printer in question only supports plain text in DOS and requires
    the windoze driver for all graphic work. Then it mos tlikely won't work.

    Grossibaer
    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  6. Re: Help with Setting Up Printer GEOS 2.x

    > (and no, don't start in on how stupid I am to still have such an
    > ancient program.....)

    Early 1990's is ancient? You should see my desktop...And no, I'm *not*
    going to downgrade to a P4.

+ Reply to Thread