geos and linux - GEOS

This is a discussion on geos and linux - GEOS ; this might sound like a dumb ? but why dosent breadbox make an linux distro with geos as the interface?...

  1. geos and linux

    this might sound like a dumb ? but why dosent breadbox make an linux distro
    with geos as the interface?

  2. Re: geos and linux

    dosman schrieb:

    > this might sound like a dumb ? but why dosent breadbox make an linux distro
    > with geos as the interface?

    Would rather be a GEOS distribution with Linux as underlying filesystem

    Grossibaer
    --
    If Microsoft would invest only 5 minutes to make Windows boot 1/1000
    second faster,

  3. Re: geos and linux

    Sabi ni "Jens-Michael Gross"

    > Would rather be a GEOS distribution with Linux as underlying filesystem

    You mean, instead of X, it used the GEOS API for the GUI? Ah, but how would
    you make it network with other Linux'es that use X?

    --
    Ravin' Ray
    your friendly neighborhood paleontologist

  4. Re: geos and linux

    "dosman" wrote in message
    > this might sound like a dumb ? but why dosent breadbox make an linux

    distro
    > with geos as the interface?

    Great question and the answer is:

    Because some GEOS developers love to spend all their time whining about
    Microsoft and Windows, rather than do anything productive to advance the
    GEOS interface. That's why the Russians would have been better for advancing
    GEOS.

  5. Re: geos and linux

    I suggested this years ago, when Linux needed good office software,
    interface and object frame works, and Geos needed a future, a Linux
    compatable Geos sounded like a good idea, except that the unfinancially
    supported and directed freeware is doomed to be second place in this case
    (look at it how much organisational money and organisation has gone into
    getting Linux as far as it has so far with more needed, without it Linux
    would perhaps be not much more successfull than Geos was.

    Thanks

    Wayne.

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:46:41 GMT, Pat wrote:

    > "dosman" wrote in message
    >> this might sound like a dumb ? but why dosent breadbox make an linux

    > distro
    >> with geos as the interface?

    > Great question and the answer is:
    >
    > Because some GEOS developers love to spend all their time whining about
    > Microsoft and Windows, rather than do anything productive to advance the
    > GEOS interface. That's why the Russians would have been better for
    > advancing
    > GEOS.

  6. Re: geos and linux

    In article ,
    Raymond Ancog wrote:
    >Sabi ni "Jens-Michael Gross"
    >
    >> Would rather be a GEOS distribution with Linux as underlying filesystem
    >>

    >You mean, instead of X, it used the GEOS API for the GUI? Ah, but how would
    >you make it network with other Linux'es that use X?

    Well, if you could make GEOS networking work with Linux networking, then
    you could use Marcus Groeber's GEOS VNC client to run an X session from
    withing GEOS. Or is that getting a little too Byzantine?
    --
    Doug Taylor | Nothing real can be threatened.
    The Ohio State University | Nothing unreal exists.

+ Reply to Thread