On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Joao Barros wrote:

> As soon as zfsboot works I'll ditch the usb pen.

On my own laptop, I have 32 and 64 bit boot partitions for FreeBSD and a 32
bit boot partition for XP (games, largely). The FreeBSD boot partitions
arn't much space to waste --- and so far I've also put the swap partitions
on raw disk --- since I'm not so sure of swap on ZFS given it's memory
problems.

It would be nice to be able to create new boot partitions on the fly --- but
equally, having a bunch of 512M or 1G boot partitions isn't a significant
amount of space on today's drives.