In message: <4913345F.2050801@FreeBSD.org>
Alexander Motin writes:
: Lars Engels wrote:
: > On another notebook with the same card reader I get a little further:
: >
: > sdhci0: mem 0xd8002800-0xd80028ff irq 22 at device 9.2
: > on pci5
: > sdhci0: 1 slot(s) allocated
: > sdhci0: [ITHREAD]
: > mmc0: on sdhci0
: > mmc0: detached
: > mmc0: on sdhci0
: >
: > So the mmc device is detected everytime I insert a card and is removed
: > when I take the card out.
:
: It means that controller successfully reports card insertion. You must
: be a half way there.
:
: > But I do not get a new disk device...
:
: A bit more debugging can be produced with enabling verbose boot messages.
:
: > pciconf tells me pretty much the same like on the other notebook:
:
: Looks like it may depend or on controller version or on the way it is
: hardwired or somehow BIOS initialized. There are were some success
: stories reported with this controller.

Add mmcsd to the kernel? Load it as a module?

Warner