On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:28:29PM +0100, Edward Tomasz Napierala wrote:
> After discussion about this with rwatson and pjd, I decided to do
> the opposite: change ZFS behaviour to match UFS. Reason is simple:
> this is security, and we want to be conservative here. It's impossible
> to make sure this change wouldn't cause security problems.

Perhaps it would have been better to either do nothing or create a zfs
property that toggled this behaviour so that people who expect ZFS to
behave a certain way get it. I'm not sure why we would want all
filesystems to behave the same way, to be honest.

That must be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.
-- Moliere

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFJE0vOocfcwTS3JF8RAujaAJ9lAZEeWe2enMySc2P+Bh ubPmhhkQCguysj