Lars Engels wrote:
> On another notebook with the same card reader I get a little further:
>
> sdhci0: mem 0xd8002800-0xd80028ff irq 22 at device 9.2
> on pci5
> sdhci0: 1 slot(s) allocated
> sdhci0: [ITHREAD]
> mmc0: on sdhci0
> mmc0: detached
> mmc0: on sdhci0
>
> So the mmc device is detected everytime I insert a card and is removed
> when I take the card out.

It means that controller successfully reports card insertion. You must
be a half way there.

> But I do not get a new disk device...

A bit more debugging can be produced with enabling verbose boot messages.

> pciconf tells me pretty much the same like on the other notebook:

Looks like it may depend or on controller version or on the way it is
hardwired or somehow BIOS initialized. There are were some success
stories reported with this controller.

--
Alexander Motin