Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 07:49:34PM +0100, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> > >Pyun YongHyeon writes:
> > >>

> > I got an Eee PC 1000H, too, with 7.1-BETA2 and just used scp to copy
> > with 11.5MB/s -- much better than wlan for big files. Great!
> >

> Thanks for testing!

I was happy too early. Now I keep getting these:
ale0: DMA read error! -- resetting
ale0: could not disable Tx/Rx MAC(0x00000008)!
ale0: interrupt moderation is 100 us.

The speed of copying a file has dropped to <50kB/s. Stopping and
restarting the interface does not help, even if I kldunload the driver
in the meantime. I have yet to reboot the machine.

I do not know what is different, though. I left the computer alone for
an hour before using the network...

> > This will probably not go into 7.1-RELEASE, will it?

> It was too late to go into 7.1-RELEASE, I guess.

It seems to be too early, anyhow.

Do you want me to try anything specific? (I hope it does not involve
recompiling the kernel on this slow Eee PC.)

Jan Henrik