Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

> > I got an Eee PC 1000H, too, with 7.1-BETA2 and just used scp to copy
> > with 11.5MB/s -- much better than wlan for big files. Great!
> >

> Thanks for testing!

I was happy too early. Now I keep getting these:
ale0: DMA read error! -- resetting
ale0: could not disable Tx/Rx MAC(0x00000008)!
ale0: interrupt moderation is 100 us.

The speed of copying a file has dropped to <50kB/s. Stopping and
restarting the interface does not help, even if I kldunload the driver
in the meantime. I have yet to reboot the machine.

I do not know what is different, though. I left the computer alone for
an hour before using the network...

> > This will probably not go into 7.1-RELEASE, will it?

> It was too late to go into 7.1-RELEASE, I guess.

It seems to be too early, anyhow.

Do you want me to try anything specific? (I hope it does not involve
recompiling the kernel on this slow Eee PC.)

Cheers,
Jan Henrik