mdh wrote:
> [...]

I believe it's from an old LinuxNews piece, from October 1992 -
http://www.abc.se/~m9339/linux/linux...uxnews03a.html

"LN: How do you feel about Minix, 386BSD, and Hurd and their authors?
Are they rivals, or or allies?

Linus: 386BSD and Hurd are most definitely allies - I'll be happy to
help them any way I can (for 386BSD I was already able to help with the
math-emulator, and I've been in contact with some others re: vm86 etc).
*If 386BSD had been available a year earlier, I would probably never
have started on Linux*, but as it is, I'm happy to say that 386BSD
didn't automatically mean that Linux wasn't worth it. Both 386BSD and
Linux have their points, and I naturally think Linux is more fun."

So there you have it, pull out your time machines.