Hello,

I bought a LevelOne WPC-0301 11g Wireless CardBus Adapter
today. According to the box it is "v6". The ral(4) man-
page mentions only v2, but that one is ancient and can't
be bought anymore.

So, enabling the debug sysctl gives this in dmesg:

cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0x0
cardbus0: at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
cardbus0: CIS pointer is 0x102
cardbus0: CIS in BAR 0x14
cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0x0
cardbus0: Warning: Bogus CIS ignored
cardbus0: at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

I tried the card in a different notebook, same thing.

Anything I can do, except drop the new card in the dustbin?
:-(

Best regards
Oliver

Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:
chen, HRB 125758, Geschäftsführer: Maik Bachmann, Olaf Erb, Ralf Gebhart

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen, -Produkte und mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

We're sysadmins. To us, data is a protocol-overhead.