Clint Olsen wrote:
> I've seen some stuff online that made it look like using hard-link trees
> and then doing some rsync worked, but some of this appears to be obsoleted
> by new rsync features. If anyone has a pointer, that would be much
> appreciated.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "new rsync features", but I wrote the
following script a while back with a similar purpose in mind and have
recently updated it:

https://lauren.room52.net/svn/lstewa...backups/trunk/

Username/password: guest/guest

It still needs a little bit of polishing, particularly the stats
reporting feature, but works as is. The configure script is currently
redundant and you can simply rename "backup.sh.in" to "backup.sh" and
make it executable. The usage statement and comments at the top of the
script describe how to use it.

I use it to do all my home and non realtime-critical backups, but YMMV.

Cheers,
Lawrence