Hi,

I had been working on writing a driver for Atheros AR8121(L1E),
AR8113/AR8114(L2E) ethernet controllers since Jeremy Chadwick sent
the hardware to me. I think it's feature complete state and time
for more testing for stability or some edge cases. I guess AR81xx
is commonly found on newer Asus EeePC or P5Q series of Asus
motherboard. If you have AR81xx controller would you give it spin
and let me know how it goes? You can get the latest driver at the
following URL.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/ate/if_ate.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/ate/if_atereg.h
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/ate/if_atevar.h
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/ate/Makefile
or
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/a...0081030.tar.gz
The driver should build without problems on CURRENT, stable/7.

ATM the driver supports the following hardware features.
- TSO
- Rx TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload
- VLAN tag insertion/stripping
- Jumbo frame
- WOL
It seems that hardware supports Tx checksum offload but I couldn't
make it work for TCP segments. Only short TCP segments seem to work
so I disabled Tx checksum offload.
Note, the hardware does not support descriptor based DMA on Rx side
so driver have to copy recevied frames to pass them to upper stack
so it will consume a lot of CPU cycles if you push the hardware to
the limit.

Thanks.
--
Regards,