Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:50:27 -0400
> Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>
> > Sent by Vladimir Grebenschikov:
> > > I've seen temporary FF lockups with flashblock FF plugin enabled.

> > Same here. Sometimes it works and some times any page containing
> > flash will hang the entire browser. Doing a `killall
> > npviewer.bin' (I use nspluginwrapper) will unfreeze the browser
> > like nothing happened. You'll get the page -- but without the
> > embedded flash, of course. I have only gotten Flash-9 to (mostly)
> > work this morning -- thanks to nox' checklist, and have not yet
> > been able to investigate, why it hangs on occasion...
> >

> I don't have flashblock installed, but http://www.mtvmusic.com/ hangs
> firefox 100% of the time. Strangely enough, under Linux it works just
> fine and I have pretty much the same version of flash and firefox
> installed on both systems.

I can't confirm that - I just disabled flashblock and currently
watching some videos from site you have problems with. Saying more -
I'm clicking on different flash-sites over 1 hour with flashblock
disabled and my FF (3.0.3,1) didn't hang.
I'm using yesterday's build of 7.0-PRERELEASE with latest available
linux-flashplugin9 port.

I also can't confirm that it's not going to crash ;-)
--
regards, Maciej Suszko.