On Monday 27 October 2008 20:03:21 Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> I had no idea users were blindly uncommenting examples in

well seems you're new in support business then

the issue might be the reason why weapons are not delivered with roles in the
chambers ... so developers probably should take care of what kind of example
they include

> smartd.conf.sample without reading what the features do. *Then again, I
> guess many users/admins have no idea what sort of impact offline tests
> could have on a system. *Short/long tests should not have any effect on
> a running/used disk -- and most do not see any effect -- but under high
> I/O I would assume there is a chance the suspend/resume aspect of SMART
> tests could take longer than 5 seconds. *Though I am disappointed in
> the fact that people often schedule "maintenance things" all at the same
> time (between 0200 and 0500) but never think about the implications of
> them all running in parallel.

well good idea to start a faq with general orientations

--

Joćo

Service fornecido pelo Datacenter Matik https://datacenter.matik.com.br