Eduardo Meyer wrote:
> # ifconfig rl0 ether 00:02:4f:0a:ce:f3 inet netmask
> ifconfig: can't set link-level netmask or broadcast
> # ifconfig rl0 inet netmask ether 00:02:4f:0a:ce:f3
> ifconfig: ether: bad value
> # ifconfig rl0 inet netmask
> # ifconfig rl0 ether 00:02:4f:0a:ce:f3
> I ask you some help, how can I accomplish both tasks with rc_ng? In /etc/rc.conf
> ifconfig_rl0="inet netmask ether 00:02:4f:0a:ce:f3"
> Won't allow me to do what I want. Any suggestions? I would like like
> to edit /etc/rc.local and any other kind of "workaround". Can rc.conf
> issue ifconfig twice for the same nic?
> Or can ifconfig accomplish this task by someway else other than
> issuing the command twice?

Others have already suggested several workarounds.
Another possibility is to set only the IP via rc.conf:

ifconfig_rl0="inet netmask"

And set the MAC address with an interface start script
which should be named /etc/start_if.rl0 in your case
and contain this line:

ifconfig rl0 ether 00:02:4f:0a:ce:f3

Best regards

Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:
chen, HRB 125758, Geschäftsführer: Maik Bachmann, Olaf Erb, Ralf Gebhart

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen, -Produkte und mehr:

"What is this talk of 'release'? We do not make software 'releases'.
Our software 'escapes', leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in its wake."