Quoting Martin Laabs (from Mon,
27 Oct 2008 10:27:17 +0100):

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:52:52 +0100, Roman Divacky
> wrote:
>
>> please show us the linuxulator patch and I'll see what I can do about it....

> I've append the patch for the linux.ko module as well as the patch for the
> bsd.c in libusb-0.12.

I don't comment on the content, Roman already did. I concentrate on
the "pureness" of the linuxulator.

What you do here is mixing FreeBSD ioctls with linux ones. While I
welcome this for sure, I suggest to not enable it by default. I
suggest to have a sysctl compat.linux.bsd_ioctl_passthrough or
something like this, which enables this upon request. Currently it
seems the ioctls are distinct, but in case there will be some ioctls
which are the same number but have a different semantic/syntax, the
sysctl-approach make this a little bit more easy to handle (it means
that the feature is optional and needs to be enable by intend, and if
there's a clash in the future, we have some safety net).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity.
Another man's, I mean.

http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org netchild @ FreeBSD.org : PGP ID = 72077137