I'm seeing this sometimes before my machine dies:

Oct 26 03:28:00 belle kernel: acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
Oct 26 03:28:00 belle kernel: acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC freeing taskqueue zombie request
Oct 26 03:30:00 belle kernel: acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
Oct 26 03:30:00 belle kernel: acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC freeing taskqueue zombie request
Oct 26 03:32:00 belle kernel: acd0: WARNING - READ_CAPACITY taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
Oct 26 03:32:00 belle kernel: acd0: WARNING - READ_CAPACITY freeing taskqueue zombie request

I run the gnome desktop environment. Could it be that?

I do not have this mounted. The only thing that's running around this time
is /sbin/dump. I'm never at the machine when this happens.

FreeBSD belle.0lsen.net 6.3-STABLE FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE #0: Sun May 25 21:55:57 PDT 2008 root@belle.0lsen.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

Thanks,

-Clint

believed to be clean.