On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Mark Evenson wrote:
> Mark Evenson wrote:
>> [...]
>> So, I was hoping to get an idea of how that association is
>> formed without going through the Evolution code (for which I haven't found
>> the spare time to go through).

> Ok, I got a few moments to find out a plausible place to start looking for
> this:
> evolution- in emp_standard_menu_factory() calls
> camel_data_wrapper_get_mime_type() to get a char* mime_type which is then
> used to call through to gnome_vfs_mime_get_all_applications() to get
> handling applications.
> So, it seems that Evolution does use "Nautilus" (i.e. the GNOME VFS
> libraries) to determine which MIME handlers to use.

No. It shows that Evolution uses defferent path than Nautilus.
Seems like Nautilus uses GIO (discovered by Nautilus' behavior, I'm
did'n look into sources), while Evolution uses Gnome-VFS as your
investigation shows.

If I recall and understand correctly,
these pathes are different since glib-2.16,

Appropriate ChangeLog entry is (gio/ChangeLog):

6461 alexl 2008-02-06 Alexander Larsson
6461 alexl
6461 alexl * gdesktopappinfo.c:
6461 alexl Update to use both mimeapps.list and
6461 alexl defaults.list as discussed on xdg list.

Workaround: use hand-written defaults.list
(~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list) for enforse need

> Is there an easy way to get Evolution to build so I could use a debugger?
> This was non-trivial last time I tried (sometime last year), as I had to
> figure out how to get all the associated libraries compiled on a
> case-by-case basis with debug symbols?

Andrew W. Nosenko
freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org mailing list