On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 09:24:11PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > 4. I'm interested to understand why these container modules exist
> > instead of individual drivers.

> They exist to make loading USB drivers easier. It is simpler to
> load "usb2_serial" than to emperically search for a specific serial port
> driver. In the future the "usb2_serial" module will load the correct driver
> for you.

If you want a stub usb2_serial module that loads all serial drivers,
that migh be useful, but we do not have an (e.g.) if_ethernet module
for a reason. The individual drivers MUST continue to exist and be
independently configurable so embedded systems can choose what they
need and exclude what they don't.

-- Brooks

Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (FreeBSD)