Hello Nick,

You wrote:
> This is a Option GlobeTrotter Max HSUPA modem. I've added it.
> It should work out of the box.

Thank you very much!

Do you think you could merge the device ID to the ubsa(4)
driver in 7-stable, too? Said coworker is planning to
track RELENG_7 on his notebook.

Best regards
Oliver

> I've got 3 Option modems here and they are all identical in
> functionality bar speeds and whether or not they have a WLAN module.
>
> Please note that a completely rewritten driver is ready. Somehow data gets
> corrupted and this panis my machine. But only with Option cards. If you
> receive this mail, the E220 support works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick
>

> > Nick Hibma wrote:
> > > Just now I have committed a driver for Option and Huawei cards
> > > previously supported by the ubsa driver. More information is in the
> > > commit message.
> > >
> > > I am looking for people who would be able to provide more information
> > > after testing with the 3G cards branded by:
> > >
> > > OEM:
> > > Merlin
> > > Huawei
> > > Option
> > > Sierra
> > > Novatel
> > > Qualcomm

> > A coworker has an Option card (Vodafone-branded) which
> > isn't recognized. I only had a chance to look at it
> > briefly, so i don't have a lot of information, sadly.
> > The USB vendor ID is 0x0af0 ("Option"), the device ID
> > is 0x7001.
> >
> > Do you happen to know if this is compatible with the
> > other "Globetrotter G3" cards, so just adding the ID
> > would work? Unfortunately I can't try this right now
> > myself, because it's not my machine ...
> >
> > Best regards
> > Oliver

Handelsregister: Registergericht Muenchen, HRA 74606, Geschäftsfuehrung:
chen, HRB 125758, Geschäftsführer: Maik Bachmann, Olaf Erb, Ralf Gebhart

FreeBSD-Dienstleistungen, -Produkte und mehr: http://www.secnetix.de/bsd

"The most important decision in [programming] language design
concerns what is to be left out." -- Niklaus Wirth