October Monthly Snapshots... - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on October Monthly Snapshots... - FreeBSD ; Just letting you know about a change to the Monthly Snapshots. Beginning this month there are DVD images for amd64 and i386. We still don't include packages with them, but the DVD image includes everything on one disc (contents of ...

  1. October Monthly Snapshots...

    Just letting you know about a change to the Monthly Snapshots.
    Beginning this month there are DVD images for amd64 and i386. We still
    don't include packages with them, but the DVD image includes everything
    on one disc (contents of disc1, docs, and livefs CDROMs).

    If you try it and have problems with it I'd like to know what the
    problems were.

    I just loaded the amd64/i386 images on ftp-master now so it will take a
    little while for them to propagate out to the mirror sites. As usual
    you can find the Monthly Snapshots in:

    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/

    (or a mirror site) with the sub-directories being the year/month code.

    --
    Ken Smith
    - From there to here, from here to | kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu

  2. Re: October Monthly Snapshots...

    Hi Ken,

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, 11:07-0400, Ken Smith wrote:

    > Just letting you know about a change to the Monthly Snapshots.
    > Beginning this month there are DVD images for amd64 and i386. We still
    > don't include packages with them, but the DVD image includes everything
    > on one disc (contents of disc1, docs, and livefs CDROMs).
    >
    > If you try it and have problems with it I'd like to know what the
    > problems were.
    >
    > I just loaded the amd64/i386 images on ftp-master now so it will take a
    > little while for them to propagate out to the mirror sites. As usual
    > you can find the Monthly Snapshots in:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/
    >
    > (or a mirror site) with the sub-directories being the year/month code.

    Could we please remove 200803 and even 200804 snapshots to empty some
    space?

    --
    Maxim Konovalov

  3. Re: October Monthly Snapshots...

    On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 19:28 +0400, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
    > Could we please remove 200803 and even 200804 snapshots to empty some
    > space?

    I removed 200803 through 200806 while I was uploading 200810.

    --
    Ken Smith
    - From there to here, from here to | kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu
    there, funny things are everywhere. |