Re: Problem with dump stalling - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on Re: Problem with dump stalling - FreeBSD ; > Did you do the following before running csup on the supfile with > the RELENG_7 tag? > > rm -fr /usr/src/* > rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all This is the second time I have seen this mentioned, but on none of ...

  1. Re: Problem with dump stalling

    > Did you do the following before running csup on the supfile with
    > the RELENG_7 tag?
    >
    > rm -fr /usr/src/*
    > rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all

    This is the second time I have seen this mentioned, but on none
    of the machines that I csup on do I haave a "/var/db/sup" at all.
    Is this a hangover from cvsup and not necessary for csup ?

    -pete.

  2. Re: Problem with dump stalling

    On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:06:04AM +0100, Pete French wrote:
    > > Did you do the following before running csup on the supfile with
    > > the RELENG_7 tag?
    > >
    > > rm -fr /usr/src/*
    > > rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all

    > This is the second time I have seen this mentioned, but on none
    > of the machines that I csup on do I haave a "/var/db/sup" at all.
    > Is this a hangover from cvsup and not necessary for csup ?

    No. cvsup (in the base system) stores in /usr/sup. Here, let me make
    an outline tree:

    csup (in base system): stores CVS data in /var/db/sup
    cvsup (in ports system): stores CVS data in /usr/sup
    csup (in ports): not sure where it stores the CVS data

    All of this assumes the user DOES NOT override the defaults.

    Further proof:

    $ which csup
    /usr/bin/csup
    $ ls -l /var/db/sup
    total 4
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 2 Oct 01:38 ports-all/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 512 8 Oct 01:33 src-all/

    --
    | Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
    | Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |

  3. Re: Problem with dump stalling

    On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 03:41:17AM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
    > On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:06:04AM +0100, Pete French wrote:
    > > > Did you do the following before running csup on the supfile with
    > > > the RELENG_7 tag?
    > > >
    > > > rm -fr /usr/src/*
    > > > rm -fr /var/db/sup/src-all

    > > This is the second time I have seen this mentioned, but on none
    > > of the machines that I csup on do I haave a "/var/db/sup" at all.
    > > Is this a hangover from cvsup and not necessary for csup ?

    > No. cvsup (in the base system) stores in /usr/sup. Here, let me make

    This should have read: "in ports system"