reloading samba config made system unresponsible
My tries to tune smb.conf to achieve better performance expose very
made my system unresponsible from network. It happens three times until
now so I'm sure that is the cause (but it happened after some succesful
reloads a couple of minutes earlier, so it's not happening all the time
command is executed).
- machine only responding to ping requests
- ssh session shows, that config reload was succesful, and that's
last thing showed (no shell after message)
- can't connect with another ssh session, but no refuse nor timeout
- on local console system seems responsible (alt +[1-9] works), but
any try to login cause it to wait forever for password prompt
- no kernel or error message on screen, and nothing suspicious in logs
- alt+ctrl+del does nothing
- pressing power button and waiting for system to shutdown does nothing
- hard reset was the only way
- after first restart I've made full fsck and started rebuilding
gmirror - when machine hangs second time rebuilding doesn't stop
I'm not a developer but it looks like some kind of deadlock? Note that
changes I made to smb.conf was only in socket options.
[email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "email@example.com"