802.11b mode on wlan interface - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on 802.11b mode on wlan interface - FreeBSD ; Hello! I'm using -CURRENT on my Acer Aspire One (Atheros 5424/2424). Thanks to the lastest ath_hal (0.10.5.10), the device is correctly attached. However, I can't test it right now, because I have an old 802.11 device that only works in ...

  1. 802.11b mode on wlan interface

    Hello!

    I'm using -CURRENT on my Acer Aspire One (Atheros 5424/2424). Thanks to
    the lastest ath_hal (0.10.5.10), the device is correctly attached.
    However, I can't test it right now, because I have an old 802.11 device
    that only works in 802.11b mode.

    I tried to set manually the mode using ifconfig, but no go... .

    I tried setting the mode (11b) on the ath0 interface and wlan0
    interface. Also setting the mode in rc.conf doesn't work at all.

    Anybody had this problem?

    Thanks in advance,
    Thiago.

  2. Re: 802.11b mode on wlan interface

    Hello!

    Well, still no luck with -CURRENT and ath_hal 0.10.5.10. I can't set
    the card to operate in "11b mode". Running 'ifconfig wlan0 mode 11b'
    returns no erros, but after doing this, the card is still on 11g mode.
    If I try 'ifconfig ath0 mode 11b', I get the same result.

    It works fine on 11g networks, but I didn't have any network with
    WPA/WEP keys to test, so, I can't confirm that everything is working on
    11g mode.

    On 11b mode, I've tested open networks on adhoc mode (with and without
    WEP keys), and had no success. Same on 11b networks with WEP keys.

    Anybody is having those problems?

    TIA,
    Thiago.