Is the port jdk16 up to date ? - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on Is the port jdk16 up to date ? - FreeBSD ; ...

  1. Is the port jdk16 up to date ?

  2. Re: Is the port jdk16 up to date ?

    On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 03:42:34PM +0200, Milo?? Pape????k wrote:
    > I am a bit confused by Java version used in port jdk16.
    > It is using sources / building Java 1.6.0 update 3,
    > while the pre-built diablo packages are Java 1.6.0 update 7.
    >
    > Does it mean that the jdk16 port is not maintained any more ?

    No. It means that Sun has stopped releasing JRL licensed source code for
    JDK 1.6 after Update 3.

    Greg Lewis Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
    Eyes Beyond Web : http://www.eyesbeyond.com
    Information Technology FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org