Re: Re: Hardware support for AMD Geode CS5536 audio? - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on Re: Re: Hardware support for AMD Geode CS5536 audio? - FreeBSD ; Quoting ancelgray@yahoo.com (from Thu, 2 Oct 2008 05:05:12 -0400): > To All, > > I finally have a working CS5536 audio driver for FreeBSD 6.2. The > filename is snd_amd5536.ko and I will be making it available > shortly. I ...

  1. Re: Re: Hardware support for AMD Geode CS5536 audio?

    Quoting ancelgray@yahoo.com (from Thu, 2 Oct 2008 05:05:12 -0400):

    > To All,
    >
    > I finally have a working CS5536 audio driver for FreeBSD 6.2. The
    > filename is snd_amd5536.ko and I will be making it available
    > shortly. I have been using an ALIX-1C motherboard for my testing.
    > Anyone have other hardware that they want to test it on?
    >
    > Another question. How does one get the FreeBSD people to put this
    > driver into their OS?

    You have to generate a patch for 8-current and send it to
    multimedia@FreeBSD.org for review. There may be some improvement
    suggestions or bug reports then. Fix the issues and generate a new
    patch. When there are no issues anymore, send a PR (problem report)
    with your patch. If you are lucky, a committer will take care of the
    PR (or he may already approach you before you send the PR).

    Bye,
    Alexander.

    --
    It has long been an axiom of mine that the
    little things are infinitely the most important.

    http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
    http://www.FreeBSD.org netchild @ FreeBSD.org : PGP ID = 72077137

  2. Re: Hardware support for AMD Geode CS5536 audio?

    ancelgray@yahoo.com skrev:
    > Another question. How does one get the FreeBSD people to put this
    > driver into their OS?

    Make the source code available somewhere and hopefully someone (usually
    ariff@ or mav@) with knowledge about the sound subsystem will review it.

    Just make sure that you follow our usual style(9) guidelines etc etc.

    --
    Joel

  3. Re: Re: Hardware support for AMD Geode CS5536 audio?

    To All,

    I finally have a working CS5536 audio driver for FreeBSD 6.2. The filename is snd_amd5536.ko and I will be making it available shortly. I have been using an ALIX-1C motherboard for my testing. Anyone have other hardware that they want to test it on?

    Another question. How does one get the FreeBSD people to put this driver into their OS?

    Andrew Gray

    ancelgray "A T" y a h o o "D O T" c o m

    --
    This message was sent on behalf of ancelgray@yahoo.com at openSubscriber.com