Re: Status of GNOME 2.24 - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on Re: Status of GNOME 2.24 - FreeBSD ; Hi, On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote: > As some of you may have seen, we committed GNOME 2.24 to MarcusCom CVS a > few days ago. Since this, mezz has been working on ...

  1. Re: Status of GNOME 2.24

    Hi,

    On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
    > As some of you may have seen, we committed GNOME 2.24 to MarcusCom CVS a
    > few days ago. Since this, mezz has been working on the UPDATING
    > instructions (should be good to go in MC-UPDATING), and I just started
    > the GNOME 2.24 package builds on i386 and am64.
    >
    > What we need from you, the users are reports of regressions (i.e.
    > "known" issues), screenshots, and general feedback. One item we need
    > feedback on in particular is GDM. The GNOME release team made a
    > last-minute decision to ship GDM 2.24 with GNOME 2.24. There are some
    > known AT regressions and possibly some XDMCP regressions. We need to
    > make sure a large enough set of users test this port out. If our user
    > base is seeing these regressions, we may decide to ship GDM 2.20 along
    > with 2.24, and give users a choice.
    >
    > To start using GNOME 2.24, see
    > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html . Packages for all
    > supported versions of FreeBSD will take a few days to complete.
    > Screenshots and feedback can be sent to freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org .
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > --
    > Joe Marcus Clarke
    > FreeBSD GNOME Team :: gnome@FreeBSD.org
    > FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
    > http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome

    I'm seeing weird behavior with gdm. It use USA keyboard instead of
    french which is selected in my xorg.conf. If I select french, it still
    use USA keyword. The language list is empty, with gdm 2.22 I was able
    to select the language to use in gnome environment.

    I tested the autologin fonction and it works.

    Regards.

    --
    There's this old saying: "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach
    a man to fish, feed him for life."

  2. Re: Status of GNOME 2.24

    Hi,

    On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
    > On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 10:18 +0200, Dominique Goncalves wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
    >> > As some of you may have seen, we committed GNOME 2.24 to MarcusCom CVS a
    >> > few days ago. Since this, mezz has been working on the UPDATING
    >> > instructions (should be good to go in MC-UPDATING), and I just started
    >> > the GNOME 2.24 package builds on i386 and am64.
    >> >
    >> > What we need from you, the users are reports of regressions (i.e.
    >> > "known" issues), screenshots, and general feedback. One item we need
    >> > feedback on in particular is GDM. The GNOME release team made a
    >> > last-minute decision to ship GDM 2.24 with GNOME 2.24. There are some
    >> > known AT regressions and possibly some XDMCP regressions. We need to
    >> > make sure a large enough set of users test this port out. If our user
    >> > base is seeing these regressions, we may decide to ship GDM 2.20 along
    >> > with 2.24, and give users a choice.
    >> >
    >> > To start using GNOME 2.24, see
    >> > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html . Packages for all
    >> > supported versions of FreeBSD will take a few days to complete.
    >> > Screenshots and feedback can be sent to freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org .
    >> > Thanks!
    >> >
    >> > Joe
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Joe Marcus Clarke
    >> > FreeBSD GNOME Team :: gnome@FreeBSD.org
    >> > FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
    >> > http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome
    >> >

    >> I'm seeing weird behavior with gdm. It use USA keyboard instead of
    >> french which is selected in my xorg.conf. If I select french, it still
    >> use USA keyword. The language list is empty, with gdm 2.22 I was able
    >> to select the language to use in gnome environment.

    > Does the problem with the keyboard occur for a clean user account?

    If I select my brand new user 'test' then change the keyboard to
    France, the keyboard is still in USA.

    Now if I connect user 'test', change the layout in gnome to France (I
    needed to add it) to default. The next time I try to login with gdm,
    the keyboard is now in France layout.

    >> I tested the autologin fonction and it works.

    > Good.
    >
    > Joe
    >

    >> Regards.
    >>

    > --