Maksim, good day.

Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:01:08AM -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> i got the following today while trying to run mergemaster
>
> thanks,
> max
>
> beetle# mergemaster -sv
>
> *** The directory specified for the temporary root environment,
> /var/tmp/temproot, exists. This can be a security risk if untrusted
> users have access to the system.
>
> Use 'd' to delete the old /var/tmp/temproot and continue
> Use 't' to select a new temporary root directory
> Use 'e' to exit mergemaster
>
> Default is to use /var/tmp/temproot as is
>
> How should I deal with this? [Use the existing /var/tmp/temproot] d
>
> *** Deleting the old /var/tmp/temproot
>
> *** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
> *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
> *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot
>
> *** Press the [Enter] or [Return] key to continue
> "/usr/src/etc/Makefile", line 34: Malformed conditional (${MK_AMD} != "no")
> "/usr/src/etc/Makefile", line 36: if-less endif

[...]

The problem is that your /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk is old and does not
include the stuff from the SVN rev 183242 that was done by Sam Leffler.

So if you'll manually copy the new version of bsd.own.mk from /usr/src
to /usr/share/mk, mergemaster will work.

This is not very clean, so I had created a quick patch for mergemaster
(from -STABLE, have no -CURRENT at hand just now, sorry). It enables
all 'make' invocations to search /usr/src/share/mk prior to look for
includes in /usr/share/mk. Works for my quick testing, but there can be
some rough points I had not noticed. Please, try it.
--
Eygene