On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:13:52AM -0400, Kevin wrote:
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD ck.com 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #1: Tue Jul 15 11:38:41 EDT
> 2008 ck@friendlybearonskates.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CK i386
> #
>
> Make buildkernel kernconf=CK fails here :
>
> linking kernel.debug
> sbp.o(.text+0xd9d): In function `sbp_free_ocb':
> /usr/src/sys/dev/firewire/sbp.c:2905: undefined reference to
> `xpt_release_devq'

> snip and skip...

> umass.o(.text+0x1c): In function `umass_cam_detach_sim':
> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/umass.c:2708: undefined reference to
> `xpt_bus_deregister'

xpt_* missing symbols are due to CAM being removed from your kernel
configuration. You'll need "device scbus" and "device da".

> /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/if_ural.c:627: undefined reference to
> `ieee80211_free_node'

ieee80211_* missing symbols are due to you attempting to include some
wireless USB drivers; you'll need "device wlan".

> It worked previously, the only change in my kernel configuration was "option
> MROUTING", which doesn't seem related to this failure. I could comment out
> all the usb/firewire options I suppose ,but I thought I'd get some insight
> hopefully from stable first.

A few things:

1) Your kernel configuration may be "out of date" compared to GENERIC.
GENERIC is updated often; sometimes device names change, or things are
removed/replaced or added for needed features.

I assume your CK config is outdated since the box was last built in
July. I recommend doing cp GENERIC CK and then editing CK to your
needs.

2) Did you rm -fr /usr/obj/* before starting this build? If not,
try it. There may be old cruft in there from July.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |