help installing please - FreeBSD

This is a discussion on help installing please - FreeBSD ; Dear FreeBSD Java users, I've just got diablo-jdk-freebsd7.amd64.1.6.0.07.02.tbz and installed it. A dependency issue was raised concerning javavmwrapper 2.3.2 whereas only 2.3 exists in the ports tree. I used a pkg_add -f to override this check, however java still doesn't ...

  1. help installing please

    Dear FreeBSD Java users,

    I've just got diablo-jdk-freebsd7.amd64.1.6.0.07.02.tbz

    and installed it. A dependency issue was raised concerning
    javavmwrapper 2.3.2 whereas only 2.3 exists in the ports tree.

    I used a pkg_add -f to override this check, however java still doesn't work.

    I've managed to conclude that the compiled java is linked against

    libpthread.so.2
    libc.so.6
    libc.so.7

    I don't have libc.so.6 or libpthread.so.2

    How can I work past these unlisted dependencies?

    Thanks

    Rob

  2. Re: help installing please

    On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:10:52PM +0100, Rob Shepherd wrote:
    > I've just got diablo-jdk-freebsd7.amd64.1.6.0.07.02.tbz
    >
    > and installed it. A dependency issue was raised concerning
    > javavmwrapper 2.3.2 whereas only 2.3 exists in the ports tree.
    >
    > I used a pkg_add -f to override this check, however java still doesn't work.
    >
    > I've managed to conclude that the compiled java is linked against
    >
    > libpthread.so.2
    > libc.so.6
    > libc.so.7
    >
    > I don't have libc.so.6 or libpthread.so.2
    >
    > How can I work past these unlisted dependencies?

    You can make sure you are running FreeBSD 7.x? What version of FreeBSD
    are you using?

    --
    Greg Lewis Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
    Eyes Beyond Web : http://www.eyesbeyond.com